Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cooldown Reduction - How is it calculated EXACTLY?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GczG4F8U0hfdkjRT

12-07-2009

From http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/champion_statistics

Quote:
LoL - Abilities and Effects:
Cooldown reduction: Cooldown reduction reduces the amount of time you must wait after casting an ability before that ability can be utilized again. Ability cooldowns cannot be reduced by more than 40%. This statistic scales multiplicatively; meaning that the more points you acquire, the less each additional point affects the statistic.

Does anyone have any other concrete information on how CD reduction is calculated? If I have an item that gives me 10% CDR, and I acquire another item that gives me 15% CDR, what is my total cooldown reduction?

Riot aBhorsen

Recruiter

12-07-2009

From what i know i believe it scales additively up to a hardcap of 40% regardless to what it says in your quote

T8mNEiLGTw

Recruiter

12-07-2009

Maybe it was like your quote in the early days of closed beta, but I've always heard that CDR stacks linearly: you just have to add them. There is also a maximum of 40% CDR.

so 10% + 15% equals 25% CDR.