Mundo ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waffster

04-10-2013

Why the heck am I reading this stupid guide? Mundo is not an ADC and you're a moron, etc
Let me explain.

Masochism is what makes this all possible. It's the biggest AD steroid in the game. At level one, I have more AD than most AD carries could with a full AD rune page.
sword-of-the-divine pulls it all together.

ADC Mundo lacks three things: ASPD, Crit, and Armor Pen. Your runes and masteries will provide you with all the Armor Pen. you need. SoTD gives you the rest.

What does all of this mean? Mundo @ level 9 has an AD steroid of 100, + a base AD of 80. So, level 9 Mundo has 180 AD without ANY ITEMS. Three crits with SoTD, and you're looking at over 1k damage. Ashe has 1k health at level 9. Now you're starting to understand. Don't forget: Masochism gives you even more AD when you're low health!

Yes, you're melee. You're going to have a hard time pre-SoTD. Follow my guide, and I'll show you how to avoid that, and how to get to this stage of the game:

You are not Tank Mundo. All of your abilities use health. Having to lane early game versus ranged AD will be bad enough. Don't spam your abilities in lane. Only use them to secure a kill, otherwise you're only securing your own death.

You have two primary objectives before your SoTD is complete:
Don't die.
Farm.
When your SoTD is finished:
Kill them. Kill them all.

Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences:

You will have plenty of AD and ASPD from Masochism and SoTD, respectively.

Crit Chance Seals and Glyphs

For luck. Seriously. I can think of several occasions where this meant I got the kill, when I would otherwise not have.

I would not recommend deviating from this at all. Mundo needs to get an early advantage to remain important late game. The only way you'll do that is by abusing your damage output as much as possible.

Crit Damage runes might work, but I've never tried them. Personally, I think they would be overkill.

DriedFigs

04-10-2013

IMO, better off jungling with ADC Mundo than laning. Get a wriggle's lantern for jungle clear and lifesteal. Berserkers Greaves for MS and AS. I like to turn zeal into phantom dancer, for MS, AS, and Crit, then work on either IE or Warmogs.

Worked for me so far, but I'm bad at this game and some of my opponents may have been worse.

ADC Mundo is pretty similar to AD Yi and therefore has some similar weaknesses.

lolconk

04-11-2013

OP headbutts

SaveTheMaids

04-11-2013

Bet he can backdoor like a boss with this build.

DriedFigs

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
Bet he can backdoor like a boss with this build.
Yup, like AD Yi.

vortical42

04-11-2013

It's actually a cool idea, but there is a fatal flaw. Sure you do tons of damage, but to make use of it you have to actually REACH the carry and then survive long enough to escape after the deed is done. You lack any sort of gap closer and you don't have any disruption or CC. That means the entire enemy team is free to focus you down. Tank Mundo No care. Tank Mundo laugh at pitiful swords and arrows. Tank Mundo go where he pleases. ADC Mundo... not so much.

Basicly, you turn Mundo into a less effective version of Olaf, in which case why wouldn't you just play Olaf an be done with it?

DriedFigs

04-11-2013

Admittedly the lack of gap closing is an issue. Hitting your cleavers is essential.

I can't compare him to Olaf. I haven't played Olaf enough and I've never played Olaf as an ADC. I'll have to play around with Olaf the next time he's free. At least Mundo doesn't require mana like Olaf does.

XxxLumberJackxxX

04-12-2013

Why wouldnt you do this with sion instead?
Mundo is better right now than olaf, but not by much.

DriedFigs

04-12-2013

Sion doesn't have as much of an escape.