Stattik Shiv on adcs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoadofRegrets

04-10-2013

Well I just finished playing an Ashe game 4v5 and ended up winning.

The Stattik Shiv procs charge up quickly in team fights since you're constantly moving.

The fact that it can crit adds to your damage a lot since you can proc it within like 3 seconds.

So this is my build

Berserker Greavs - Blood Thirster - Phantom Dancer - Infinity Edge - BoTRK - Stattik Shiv

Just a thought, so leave comments!

NutChip

04-10-2013

Stattik Shiv is very strong on ADCs. I always get it on Draven b/c it helps with wave clearing and gives a really strong initial damage output. You do have a problem with your build though . . . there is no armor pen. You need armor pen in a 6 item build (Last Whisper on most adc's). The Shiv and Phantom Dancer fill very similar roles, so I usually chose one or the other. A defenseive item like Guardian Angel can also be a good idea in a 6 item build, just depends how well your team can defend you and how well the enemies can dive you.

Plz Nerf Irelia

04-10-2013

That build is just asking for me to dive you and 2 hit you.

WhtePuma

04-10-2013

statik shiv is the worst thing ive seen on an adc. Even ive learnt that garbage like that is not effective when you get a last whisper youll see what i mean...

bwt1234

04-10-2013

I'm not a fan of the static shiv on ashe. You definitely need the crit, but the phantom dancer & infinity combo is quite sufficient. Beyond that getting the static shiv as well as the phantom dancer brings the crit rate to high and essentially wastes Ashe's passive, you're best off getting a last whisper and guardians angel as mentioned above.

NutChip

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtePuma View Post
statik shiv is the worst thing ive seen on an adc.
This is a completely ignorant comment.

I do agree, however, that it probably is not the ideal item on ashe.

RightClickYou

04-10-2013

it's great for vayne, helps a lot with harass and lane clearing.

xDrksx

04-10-2013

i see shiv as a good choice but no as a must have one, you can get more efficient damage with other items

WhtePuma

04-10-2013

I say worst thing ever because there are just way better items, obviously not comparing it to a randuins omen or anything like that, but when i go simply botrk/ie/bt/lw/pd as you can see from my lolking when i play ashe im just able to do great damage to even the tankiest champions. The higher the armour the more armour i pierce which also means they have spent more on armour than health meaning my damage might not be as great but its still a great deal of percentage from their health from every hit regardless. If you mix that with a garen on your team with black cleaver you basically take out over 50% of their armour which will completely demolish them.

I do not agree at all however with a guardian angel on a heavy damage kiter like ashe who relies on keeping distance with kiting and the slow she has. To kill the divers all she needs is a well timed flash/ult combo to get long enough stun to 4-5 shot whoever is trying to dive. My max damage with my build including baron + potions without support or item buffs was just above 400.

Guardian angel might be good on someone like urgot or vayne, but i really wouldnt recommend it on any other adc. Im not as familiar with other champions but i guess if your vsing a squishy comp you might use statik shiv on a tristana or caitlyn simply for the longer ranged cc pokes that shiv can offer.

420bongscope

04-11-2013

USELESS. Buy it early if you can for farming