800 x 600 support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jedidioh

12-07-2009

can you give this pls thx

cutyohairfoo

12-08-2009

+1.

My computer sucks, it would be nice.

Theodin

12-09-2009

What are you, trying to play LoL on an Apple II?

Seriously, the viewport would be so small that your champion would take up most of it. But I suppose, if you really want it, it can't be that hard to code. Not that RIOT doesn't have enough on their plate already...

Fright

12-11-2009

IMPORTANT! ALWAYS BACK UP GAME FILES BEFORE EDITING THEM!

Now, I am not exactly sure on the repercussions of changing it to an unsupported resolution, but I can tell you how. Navigate to your

Quote:
\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG
By default this will be in your Local Disc drive (C:\)
Open Game.cfg
If you are prompted by a message saying it is unable to locate the program to open it with, just choose the select from list option, and find notepad.
Once you have opened the Game.cfg file in notepad, you will see:
Quote:
Width=1024
Height=768
Change this to your desired width and desired height and save the file. So for you it would be:
Quote:
Width=800
Height=600
Hope this helped, have any problems or concerns, just post them here or email fright01@gmail.com... I'll try to help ya out.

Edit: Also, remember that standard monitors are 4:3, meaning that the width is 4 times the height. And wide screen is standard at 16:9. ( I believe... ), Just use one of the standard resolutions, like 640x480, 800x600.... or anything that is standard for widescreen; or else your screen may seem a little stretched

dorsh2

03-04-2011

in 800x600 (and 640x480) the scoreboard's top side (the only one that lets you move it) is off the side of the screen where the mouse can't reach and the left side is obscured by the rest of the gui

according to hohums
??
Software Engineer
07-15-2010, 11:03 PM
In the right hand bottom corner you should be able to scale the size.

but all my attempts to do this have failed. setting the resolution higher to move the scoreboard fails because a. you can't set the res back to below 1024x768 without restarting the client (it's only doable by editing the game.cfg) and b. the scoreboard's position resets when you do that

dorsh2

03-04-2011

best online technical