Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss? Why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DakoDread

04-09-2013

Just wondering why we need another ARAM map? Seems pretty useless to me, we already have an aram map, why not release more game modes instead of just using different textures let alone for a custom game that a small number of people play. Dont get me wrong I've played my fair share of ARAM, but this just feels dumb.

Still waiting for Magma Chamber Riot.

Sorator

04-09-2013

The idea is that it's an update to/replacement for the existing ARAM map, to go along with the Freljord theme and the ARAM queue release.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is the place to give that kind of feedback - this is more for feedback on what improvements could be made to stuff like the new map, or how new/reworked champions can be better balanced, as well as bugtesting and reporting.

Zonacain

04-09-2013

Somebody hasn't played it, it seems.

MagicalDrop

04-09-2013

Quote:
DakoDread:
Just wondering why we need another ARAM map? Seems pretty useless to me, we already have an aram map, why not release more game modes instead of just using different textures let alone for a custom game that a small number of people play. Dont get me wrong I've played my fair share of ARAM, but this just feels dumb.

So you'd rather have a nameless, uninteresting map for the new GAME MODE BEING RELEASED, as opposed to the new map that is arguably more attractive?

TheRealAlastar

04-09-2013

New content is always nice, I'm happy to get what I can, and what Riot is dishing out. I'm pleased with the new map, though I'd love to have a new 5v5 map like Summoner's Rift, extra content is never frowned upon by me.

Chąrmander

Recruiter

04-09-2013

Quote:
DakoDread:

Howling Abyss is for the new ARAM queue and comes with the freljord update.

Besides, Magma Chamber was cancelled and turned into Crystal Scar.