Lissandra 72 28.57%
Nunu 203 80.56%
Olaf 148 58.73%
Sejuani 125 49.60%
Trundle 137 54.37%
Tryndamere 156 61.90%
Volibear 112 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

(FACTIONS) Freljord: Strategy Thread (updated as often as my time allows)

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mi ramfan

04-09-2013

Frejlord is victorious in Mirrorwater! Start gearing up for the next scenario!

This is a thread for Freljord Summoners to talk Faction Match strategy.

If you're asking "Wait, what's a 'Faction Match'?", then here's the thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3248130

Freljord's Lineup:

*can play multiple roles well; can switch between AD and AP; tanky

Overall: Anivia, Ashe, Gragas, Lissandra, Nunu, Olaf, Sejuani, Trundle, Tryndamere, Volibear

By meta role:

Top lane: Volibear, Gragas, Olaf, Trundle, Tryndamere, Nunu
Jungle: Nunu, Sejuani, Trundle, Olaf, Volibear, Tryndamere
Mid lane: Anivia, Gragas, Nunu, Lissandra Ashe?
ADC: Ashe, Tryndamere?
Support: Nunu, Ashe, Volibear, Trundle, Gragas, Lissandra

(this will be updated based on new comps that we try and mess around with, I just want to have a starting point)

Our opposition:
DEMACIA: Fiora, Galio, Garen, Jarvan IV, Lux, Poppy, Quinn & Valor, Shyvana, Sona, Vayne, Xin Zhao
IONIA: Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Soraka, Udyr, Varus, Wukong, Zed
NOXUS: Annie, Cassiopeia, Darius, Draven, Katarina, LeBlanc, Sion, Swain, Talon, Urgot, Vladimir
PILTOVER: Blitzcrank, Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Orianna, Rumble, Vi, Ziggs
THE SHADOW ISLES: Elise, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Karthus, Mordekaiser, Nocturne, Thresh, Yorick

Now that we've won Mirrorwater, it's time to gear up for the second scenario. I'll go back and do Featured Match recaps for the most recent round of matches. In the meantime, keep discussion going!

OUR FEATURED MATCH RECORD:

vs. Derpmacia: 0-0
vs. Noxusscum: 0-0
vs. Ioniass: 1-0
vs. Piltunder: 0-0
vs. opposing faction #5 0-0

Enemy Faction Breakdowns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
Opposing Faction Breakdown: Ionia
Quote:
Opposing Faction Breakdown-Piltover
Quote:
Opposing Faction Breakdown: Noxus
Quote:
Opposing Faction Breakdown: Demacia
Comps we've used:

*used in a featured match; requires heavy coordination; topic of discussion currently

[B]AoE (used somewhat in the first featured match below, but not a dedicated comp)
Double Jungle (used in our first featured match vs Ionia)
Poke (Anivia+Gragas+Ashe)
Split Push (AP Tryndamere+4 allies)
Standard Meta

mi ramfan

04-09-2013

Changelog

4/10/2013: Nunu added to top and mid lane based on some spectacular performances, Gragas added to support huehue

4/15/2013: We won our first featured match vs. Ionia! Big hand to Celtic Jack, Kinzeh, SpaceKatazz, JeffJeftyJeff, and Sniclfrits! And now we have a commanding lead in Mirrorwater!

4/18/2013: gotten to the point where other factions are just outright refusing to play against us. Good sign for us; they won't know what to do in featured matches.

5/07/2013: I get done with my AP classes and it turns out we won Mirrorwater by a commanding margin. GJ everyone, let's get pumped for round 2!

Featured Match VoD and Summary Database

Quote:
Freljord vs Ionia 1: Game Summary

http://www.twitch.tv/magistergir/b/391021858 for the video; game begins around 5 hours, 36 minutes. Alternatively, ateatree's stream has a video exclusively of this game.

Ended in a 41 minute win for Freljord-a good demonstration of the Double Jungle comp we practiced as well as how our strong teamfights allow us to come back from early deficits. A good watch!
<I will do featured match summaries whenever I can find a VoD, try to get the streamers to save them on their channel>

NEXT SCENARIO START: TBD
NEXT FEATURED MATCHES: TBD

Current Discussion: Goods and bads of Mirrorwater, how we can improve going into the next scenario.

Snicklfrits

04-09-2013

It is time, brothers and sisters.

Winter has come.

Freljord has arrived.

mi ramfan

04-09-2013

Okay guys, I'll break the ice (hehehehehe)

Our PROS:
-We are extremely tanky. with 3 straight tanks, 2 bruisers, and a tanky AP in our lineup.
-TONS OF CC. Ashe, Sejuani, Anivia, Olaf, and Nunu dish out the permaslow; Trundle, Ashe, Sejuani, and Volibear all pack great engaging ability.
-TONS OF DEBUFFS. Trundle, Anivia, Tryndamere, Nunu, and Gragas all pack useful stat debuffs like the AS slow that 3 of them have.
-Initiation. We have it.
-Supports. We have Nunu for obnoxious poke, Volibear for aggressive all-ins. Both of them are great options for us that allow us to play bot lane however we want.
-Utility. We have 2 out of the 3 "impassable terrain" creators, plus Ashe's free vision+gold.

Our CONS:
-We're lacking in damage. Anivia, Ashe, Gragas, and Tryndamere all dish out good damage; the problem is, nobody else really does.
-We have only a single option for ranged AD, and Ashe has no escape; as a result we can expect her to be bullied in both the laning phase and teamfights by enemy bruisers with gap closers
-We don't have much damage coming out of the jungle, so our lanes will have to pack a serious punch for our ganks to succeed
-one of our champs hasn't been released yet and we have no idea when she'll come out

Officer Big Dot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Pros: Anivia (& friends)

In all seriousness, I think we generally have a really good late game team comp. Ashe + Nunu means a speedy and high(er)-damage-dealing Ashe. Throw an Anivia in there too and it's nearly impossible to reach Ashe (unless your name is Akali 。゜(`Д)゜。 ). Our advantages generally lie in our CC, teamfighting, and late game.

Enderzone

04-09-2013

Not very involved in the factions system so this is a noob question. Why is Gragas a Freljord champ? I thought he hangs around the mountains near Noxus. Are those mountains part of Freljord?

Anyways, the 3 tribe heads (Ashe, Sej, and Lissandra) all have crazy CC abilities. Sej ult followed by Ashe arrow followed by Lissandra W or R will win your teamfights almost every time. And if you can get a Nunu ult inbetween their team...

If i was building the team it'd be:
Voli top
Sej Jungle
Lissandra Mid
Ashe ADC
Nunu Support.

Ganks would work almost every time, teamfights would be hell for the enemy team because whoever initiates is getting stunned and if they don't then ya'll can have Voli or Ashe/Sej ult start your fights. Everyone on that team has at least a slow as well, so peeling isn't as difficult and kiting is easy. The biggest issue is that most of your teams damage is AP so a Bulwark would be a really effective rush item against it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Updated Factions link for OP: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3248130

Anyway, really curious to see what you all come up with.

Xeleste

04-09-2013

So Freljord won?

Grays guys, you might be seeing less Ionians.

mi ramfan

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderzone View Post
Not very involved in the factions system so this is a noob question. Why is Gragas a Freljord champ? I thought he hangs around the mountains near Noxus. Are those mountains part of Freljord?
Cupcake answered this about a 1000 times. Don't know where to find it though.

Quote:
Anyways, the 3 tribe heads (Ashe, Sej, and Lissandra) all have crazy CC abilities. Sej ult followed by Ashe arrow followed by Lissandra W or R will win your teamfights almost every time. And if you can get a Nunu ult inbetween their team...
I don't want to talk about Lissandra until she officially releases. Let's focus on what we have right now and when she releases we'll talk about her for a bit.

Quote:
If i was building the team it'd be:
Voli top
Sej Jungle
Lissandra Mid
Ashe ADC
Nunu Support.

Ganks would work almost every time, teamfights would be hell for the enemy team because whoever initiates is getting stunned and if they don't then ya'll can have Voli or Ashe/Sej ult start your fights. Everyone on that team has at least a slow as well, so peeling isn't as difficult and kiting is easy. The biggest issue is that most of your teams damage is AP so a Bulwark would be a really effective rush item against it.
I don't have a problem with people posting specific comps, but keep in mind that we need more then one option. We don't want to end up like Ionia or Piltover, who are both one-trick-ponies.

That particular comp has issues because we have 3 tanks and only Ashe and Lissandra for damage. Against Piltover's Blitzcrank+Vi and Demacia's Jarvan+Win Nao, we simply won't have enough damage to close the deal.

IMO we should be running Gragas every game. He's one of our best picks; he's a tanky DPS, he brings CC and debuffs, he's mobile, and he's got a good disengage in case things go badly. If that wasn't enough, he's got sustain for the laning phase AND we can run him AD OR AP.

We should pick Gragas whenever he's available. He adds so much dimension to our strategy and gives us tons of options that we wouldn't have without him.

mi ramfan

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
Updated Factions link for OP: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3248130

Anyway, really curious to see what you all come up with.
Also, Cupcake, can you please add our thread to the OP and the signups so people can find it?

1234511 ... 12