Got demoted from Gold V to Silver I for "inactivity"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Such League Wow

04-09-2013

I had a plan this season. To work hard, play my best, and get to Gold. I could only reach Silver the past 2 seasons, but I said you know what? I'm really going to push myself, watch streams, take pro advice, and get myself to Gold. And then once I do, I'm going to just relax and play normals with friends.

Well, it finally happened. I worked my ass off and finally got to Gold elo. Best feeling ever, achieving a goal you set your mind to! It's great. And I did what I said I was going to do. I relaxed, played normals with friends, some ARAMs, etc. Then I log on one day and get the message:
"You have been demoted to Silver I due to inactivity."

Seriously? I was under the assumption that once you reached a new tier, you couldn't be demoted no matter what. There are people who reach the next tier and begin to troll just because they know they can't go back to the previous one. I never did any of that, and yet I'm being punished just because I chose not to play ranked anymore?

Exactly how was it hurting anyone else by leaving me in Gold V? What is the reasoning behind demotion? I sure would love to know, because I'm extremely frustrated right now.

batosia95136

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
Seriously? I was under the assumption that once you reached a new tier, you couldn't be demoted no matter what. There are people who reach the next tier and begin to troll just because they know they can't go back to the previous one. I never did any of that, and yet I'm being punished just because I chose not to play ranked anymore?
It's not like it's hidden or anything, you should have just read the league info better. If you don't play ranked for a month you suffer elo decay.

Shuggles

04-09-2013

play one ranked match every 28 days, problem solved

try emailing support and asking if you can be promoted again, otherwise GD doesn't care

t0ss

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPants View Post
under the assumption.
It was said countless times that inactivity would get you demoted. This is what happens when you assume.

Kuusou

Recruiter

04-09-2013

If you haven't touched ranked in over a month or so your MMR and LP will decay. Just play 1 ranked game every one in a while to keep Gold V.

Chambermaid

04-09-2013

I'd cry. I've been hovering around Silver 1 forever.

ThanksALatte

04-09-2013

Quote:
I had a plan this season. To work hard, play my best, and get to Gold. I could only reach Silver the past 2 seasons, but I said you know what? I'm really going to push myself, watch streams, take pro advice, and get myself to Gold. And then once I do, I'm going to just relax and play normals with friends.

Well, it finally happened. I worked my ass off and finally got to Gold elo. Best feeling ever, achieving a goal you set your mind to! It's great. And I did what I said I was going to do. I relaxed, played normals with friends, some ARAMs, etc. Then I log on one day and get the message:
"You have been demoted to Silver I due to inactivity."

Exactly how was it hurting anyone else by leaving me in Gold V? What is the reasoning behind demotion? I sure would love to know, because I'm extremely frustrated right now.
Having never experienced the Elo decay as its been known as...I already knew you could be demoted tiers and thought it was pretty clear. Not quite sure where you missed that message. You obviously knew that you couldn't be demoted by losing, yet skimmed over where it said you could ONLY be demoted by not playing.

Such League Wow

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
It's not like it's hidden or anything, you should have just read the league info better. If you don't play ranked for a month you suffer elo decay.
so basically, i can get into Gold V, play AP jungle Vayne, troll my teammates, and never have to worry about getting bumped back down to Silver I. But god forbid I don't play ranked for 3 weeks.

Alumenlux

04-09-2013

You should have done more research and been more aware

But I do agree with your point. Personally I think people should be allowed to drop tiers through losing as well as inactivity, but if tier gain is permanent even if you lose your next 50 games, there is absolutely no reason to lose tier due to inactivity.

LittleMewMew

04-09-2013

Quote:
so basically, i can get into Gold V, play AP jungle Vayne, troll my teammates, and never have to worry about getting bumped back down to Silver I. But god forbid I don't play ranked for 3 weeks.
If you lose repeated games your MMR will go down, and you'll essentially reach bronze 5 eventually but still count as a gold 5.