Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweater

04-13-2013

Goodbye muramana ryze :\

Lemieux

04-13-2013

Yeah I definitely felt that akali nerf when trying to escape with her ult.

Hitokiri Ranbe

04-14-2013

Lux is still amazing. Just takes a few more seconds to ruin people's day when the random laser takes you out or steals a buff. XD

HomSupLo

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaethFang View Post
This is liking saying rengar after his overkill nerf (still hasn't been buffed as far as I know) is useless....I've had rengars kill me in less than 3 seconds, akali can still do the same if you know what your doing.
Only a fed akali can burst a champion down from full HP if you are fighting against Bruisers top lane then the likley hood of doing so decreases. Akali will not get fed prelvl 6 in a general game. any smart player playing against an akali should know to be extra careful when she reaches level 6 as well. now having played several games with akali and against akali you can continue agression all the way to level 7 or even 8 depending on how she uses her ulti. you can easily count how many she has remaining and know if she has kill potential on you.

We both know rengar is no longer a viable champion and in fact is rarely played as well. he can NOT burst down an enemy champion in seconds unless he is fed however he has much more pre level 6 kill potential in lane as well as jungle. unfortunately his skill sets nolonger foster a strong lane or jungle position and thus has fallen out of favor.

The nerfs were needed. but not to this degree.

soz aids

04-14-2013

I am disappointed in you riot.. you nerfed akali to where she cannot do ****.. i just did a match with her and there is no reward just high risk... before this patch it was extremely risky and you get very good rewards if played right... now its just like youre nerfing all the old heroes just to make the newer ones more overpowered.. i am so disappointed in you riot.. go DOTA 2 atleast that **** is balanced unlike you guys LoL.. PM me in steam if you want a DOTA 2 invite for a REAL challenge my id is Hotseat

Agrexis

04-14-2013

Now your lane opponents have to be completely retarded for Akali to get a kill in laning phase. ggwp

ezamacone

04-15-2013

ok lets be honest with ourselves, all these people are always and i mean ALWAYS going to be better than gangplank. you see gangplank is the worst character i think, and i love him. first off he only has one (useful considering his ult is ap based) attack skill end game, and he needs it. he cant auto attack like tryndamere or master yi because he would be easily picked out the four seconds he needs for cd of parley, so he builds (if not crit plank) more tanky. but he has no tanky attributes, so many other people have etter sustain than him. he needs rework or a buff BAD. he barely contributes to the team, and when you want to contribute it involves you using your ult and killing someones kill. also, shen has energy, tryndamere has fury, shouldnt the most logical thing to do would to make gp's mana savy? or like tryndameres q where he absorbs his fury to heal, make gangplank have scurvy for mana and the more scurvy he has the more fruit he eats to heal him. idk im just complaining because i see people complaining lux's movement went down even though she wouldnt have to run from pansie gangplank.
hes my favorite character
Yo ho, blow the man down. Or at least shoot him when his back is turned and steal all his booty.
-Gangplank

Greasyfist

04-15-2013

not like nida, quinn or zac are OP......some stuff still needs to be changed

Xeranis Azourael

04-15-2013

Quote:

Akali
  • Twin Disciplines (Passive):

Upon obtaining 20 Ability Power, Akali's basic attacks deal 8% bonus magic damage, increasing by 1% for every 6 Ability Power gained thereafter.
    Upon obtaining 10 Bonus Attack Damage, Akali gains 8% Spell Vamp, increasing by an additional 1% for every 6 Bonus Attack Damage gained thereafter.
I don't know if it's already been fixed, but there's a bug with her Twin Disciplines.
The visual effects for Akali's Twin Disciplines Passive isn't showing up.
When you purchase AD & AP items above those numbers ↑, her kama's don't light up in the color they should be lighting up in.

Quote:

Nautilus
  • Riptide (E):

Nautilus slams the ground, causing the earth to explode around him in a set of three explosions. Each explosion deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.5) magic damage to enemy units in the area and slows them by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2 seconds. This slow diminishes over time.
    A unit can be hit by more than one explosion, but they take 50% less damage from additional explosions.
QoL-Fix Request:
PLEASE remove the Cast Time on his [E], allowing him to move when casting Riptide.
(e.g. The patch for Malzahar's [W] Null Zone & Rengar's [W] Battle Roar)

Edit: 4.24.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

These changes to Karma include several quality of life improvements and enhance her ability to generate multiple Mantras in well-executed fights.
  • Gathering Fire
    • Mantra cooldown reduction increased to 2 seconds at all levels from 1/1.5/2
  • Inner Flame
    • The detonation area now occurs at the actual point of missile impact instead of at the center of the initial target that is hit
  • Focused Resolve
    • Mana cost reduced to 70/75/80/85/90 from 70/80/90/100/110
    • Now applies Gathering Fire's effect on each instance of damage dealt instead of only once on initial application, but now deals damage 3 times over the duration instead of 6
  • Inspire
    • Movement Speed duration increased to 1.5 seconds from 1.25
    • Fixed a bug where the tooltip stated the shield was 80/115/150/185/220 instead of its actual value of 80/120/160/200/240
    • Mantra Bonus - Defiance
      • Movement Speed bonus is now always 60% instead of 20/30/40/50/60% (based on Inspire's current rank)
      • Ally shield / haste range increased to 700 from 600
After having tested the reworked Karma, I think it's safe to say that her new kit is significantly/severely under-powered in contrast to her previous/original kit.
She excells more as a Support, than an AP Burst Mage, even though I preferred playing her as an AP Burst Mage.

Her [Q] Inner Flame is her only serious damage-dealing spell on champions (in 1-on-1 fights, or chasing for the kill, assassin-style).
I mainly used her Mantra'd [E] Defiance for minion wave clearing & teamfight disruption, as it doesn't provide a strong enough damage output as her Inner Flame/Soulflare (when trading).
Her [W] Focused Resolve is the weakest of the 3 spells & doesn't deal nearly enough damage as the other two to warrant using it beyond it's CC (root) functionality; and is only ever really useful in its Mantra'd form, Renewal, when low on health (which still doesn't deal enough damamge/syphon life).

Her gameplay is even more limited by the fact that her passive (Gathering Fire) only works when attacking champions, rather than including attacks on minions/monsters; as the cooldown on her ultimate is too long, especially with only one Mantra charge.
In short, her spells don't deal enough significant damage to enemy champions, and you'd have to wait for another Mantra charge, in order to follow up with another combo, in order to deal a normal amount of damage.
(Her 3 spells all need to be Mantra'd, and used twice [6 total], in order to deal the normal amount of damage that other champs deal, in only 3 spell uses. She's doing twice the work for the same amount of damage.)
The damage on her Q & E need to be at least doubled, while the damage on her W needs to be at least tripled, if not quadrupled or even quintupled, to even deal the proper/normal amount of damage (that other similar spells deal).

My Karma Buff Suggestions:
  • Allow Basic Attacks on minions & monsters (not only enemy champions) to reduce Mantra's cooldown (her passive - Gathering Fire). Otherwise, decrease Mantra's cooldown by 10 sec. Or give Karma back her 2 Mantra charges.
  • Let basic attacks reduce Mantra's cooldown when not using an ability (i.e. attacking/last-hitting minions too, not only champions). Right now, her basic attacks only reduce Mantra's cooldown after an ability is used/is on cooldown.
  • Increase Missile Speed of Inner Flame/Soulflare (by 2x)
  • Decrease Channel Time of Focused Resolve/Renewal, allowing for sooner roots.
  • Increase Damage on Focused Resolve & Renewal (by 3-4x the current damage)
  • Increase Movement Speed (to 340-345, from 335)
  • Decrease Mana costs on all abilities by 10 Mana
  • Increase AP Ratios on all abilities
  • Increase Basic Attack Damage (3x current base amount)
  • The heal/spellvamp from Mantra'd [W] Renewal, should be transferred to Mantra'd [E] Defiance (basically receiving the heal when the shield receives damage from basic attacks/abilities); while the Movement Speed from [E] Inspire should be transferred to [W] Focused Resolve (to allow you to catch up with fleeing enemy champs, since her movement speed is trash).

{End Edit/Addition}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Items
  • Spirit of the Elder Lizard
    • New Recipe: Spirit Stone + Long Sword + Long Sword + 500 gold = 2000 gold (total cost reduced from 2300 gold)
    • Attack Damage reduced to 45 from 50
  • Spirit of the Ancient Golem
    • New Recipe: Spirit Stone + Kindlegem + 450 gold = 2000 gold (total cost reduced from 2300 gold)
    • No longer grants +30 Armor
    • Now grants +10% Cooldown Reduction
You guys are really killing me with these item nerfs (even more than champion nerfs). =/
I do believe this is SotEL's 3rd consecutive nerf. Wth?
Now you've gone & nerfed its damage. '(-_-)
If you're nerfing SotEL this much, then please just un-nerf the cooldown increase on Hecarim's Spirit of Dread [W].
Cause nerfs on both a champion & their core item (like in **Evelynn's case) is just unnecessary/overkill.
Either nerf the item, or nerf the champion; not both (& certainly not in the same patch).

And now you removed yet another Armor item from the game. '(-_-)
The new SotAG is basically a better Shurelya's Reverie; wth. Redundant much?
What do you guys have against armor items? Lol
Or is it just items that have both Armor AND Health?? (Please clarify.)
If so, then please just split SotAG into 2 new items (like you've done with items in the past), rather than just completely removing a component from an item altogether, without adding a new item to fill the void of that lost component.
-----------
  • Spirit of the Ancient Golem
  • Ohmwrecker (Armor & Mana removed, then gains AP, HReg, & MReg)
  • Heart of Gold (Armor Removed, leaving only Health & Gold Gen, then the whole item removed altogether {May we please get this back as a 30Armor item?} )
------------
That's THREE armor items lost. =/
We need more 30Armor items that are neutral (non-AD/AP item; i.e. original SotAG & Ohmwrecker), and more 30Armor items that have AD (i.e. Wriggle's Lantern), to take the place of the armor items we lost. (especially since we already have 5 AP-Armor items [BoC, SAg, ZHg, IbG, WWc] )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{** Speaking of Evelynn; my idea for properly balancing her, would be to make the % Max Health on Deathfire Grasp's Active become % Current Health, and to make the % Current Health on Evelynn's Ultimate, Agony's Embrace, become % Max Health again. (Basically a Switch)
This should put some much needed strength back to her Ult, while placing a more effective containment on the strength of DfG's Active.
And then just make the necessary number adjustments to match the switch; and attach a base damage on DfG's new % Current Health Active.
And voila; both champion & item become perfectly balanced; rather than how it currently is, with Eve being UP again while DfG's power remains relatively stronger than Eve's Ult.}

chuma1

04-15-2013

that last item change to marumana will really mess up Ryze because that's what he uses and that now its A.D it will reduce it damage because everyone builds armour and very few but MR because it is expensive and it gives you tiny amounts.