Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GReDdyFInGAz

04-10-2013

Ughh Now its Diablo 3 Or Black Ops 2..... ima watch some espn

Kingfish31

04-10-2013

Oh and i have noticed lately that pantheon is really strong early game then suck really bad late game.. like i always see him start like 4 or 5/0 then just end way negative. not sure what the deal is there

DaytimeGhoul

04-10-2013

really kinda upset about the SotAG nerf...that armor was the only reason i bought that item for my jungler really

XXSweepStakesXX

04-10-2013

How long till we can play?

TheOneMillion

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Lux has been a -bit- too strong for a little while now, with too much ability to do too many different things. It makes sense that she got nerfed... but I think the direction was wrong. I think that the MS nerf was especially uncalled for, because it will effect too many things. She'll have a harder time getting into position for her abilities, a harder time staying at optimal range, a harder time avoiding ganks, a harder time ganking... it's quite a list.

Lux does need to be nerfed, but I don't think it's a good idea to just outright cut away some of her potential. Rather, I feel that her power should just be redistributed. The aim of those changes was to force greater strategic awareness, but I feel that, instead, she just lost a chunk of playability and will be forced to be passive in lane. She'll still be problematic, but will lose some fun and risk/reward.

Here's my idea: Right now, her ability to poke safely in lane is too high, especially with the damage she can do and the range of her build options. Also, she can push her lane with relative impunity. This is mainly because her E does a lot of damage at high range, and the mana cost/cooldown are easy for her to mitigate. So,

Lucent Singularity
Reduce damage to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.6 per ability power)

However, this just leaves her with fewer damage tools, and 40 damage lost per E is -huge- at a time when she's going to be going for kill combos. I don't think her kill potential should go down. So,

Illumination
Lux's damaging spells charge the enemies hit with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack will ignite the energy, dealing 10 + (15 x level) magic damage to the target. (raised from 10 + [10xlevel])

At level 9, when her E would have lost 40 damage, her passive will go from 100 damage to 145 damage, actually giving her a higher burst potential (if by a negligible amount). That way, she still has her kill tools in lane and in ganks, but doesn't have nearly as strong of a safe poke/push ability.

I also think it would be a good idea to remove maybe .05 AP ratio from her E and Q each, then add .1 to her ult. Again, this would lower her safe and consistent damage while still letting her have her burst combo, also keeping her power level relatively the same in a teamfight (when she's likely to do one rotation only, but now with potentially much more power in her passive if she plays optimally).

I believe this will redistribute her power to make her less of a problem, without creating new problems for her as the current nerfs likely will.
A redistribution of power is not a nerf. She NEEDs to be less safe for the range and utility she has.

TheOneMillion

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytimeGhoul View Post
really kinda upset about the SotAG nerf...that armor was the only reason i bought that item for my jungler really
Its a big buff. The 30 armor either did nothing when you already had 200+, or didnt give enough to be the only armor item you bought. Now you wont feel dumb grabbing this + frozen heart.

TheOneMillion

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSweepStakesXX View Post
How much longer will they be patching?
Quote:
How long till we can play?
6 hours. The same as most patch downtimes.

TowelforahaT

04-10-2013

Maybe the league community will understand the Toxicity of these words forced to be written from nerfification.....Do you understand WHY minions are so OP?

Because these fuking retarded dic wads have nerfed all the champions so much, every patch, and even during every server hiccup that are beloved champions are now EQUAL to minion stats!

League is like drug abuse.....so dam fun but at a moments notice turns and rears it's demonic head making you insane

DarkShadowerz

04-10-2013

This Just Makes Akali and Lux A Higher Threat To All Of us :C in rnaked games

Kingfish31

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xareidan View Post
Seriously, more Kayle nerfs...

Might as well remove her from the game!!