Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBolt View Post
Wow these Lux nerfs everyone has been dreading are nothing. Nice patch update.
What are you talking about? They are the same as the ones in PBE. They didn't change them at all.

Dengeki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

No more manamune-stacking Ryze players

Feynt

04-09-2013

So new Karma gets quality of life adjustments, but no love was ever given to the old one? How is that fair? >/

By the way, have you guys seen the poll over in Champion Feedback?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3293673

Since Karma's rework hit the main server, the poll has been a solid 2:1 in favour of bringing the old Karma back. We don't care what happens to the new one, and even suggested making a new champion out of her. We just want the old one back because she was so fun.

YoshioPeePee

04-09-2013

been a long time since a balance patch made me gleeful rather than angry

the nerfs are welcome, particularly to that early speed boost on voli

(also looking forward to maybe not seeing lux in every single game at my mmr.)

GreaterGood14

04-09-2013

Great work on Urgot Riot, that lock on range indicator is gonna make playing Urgot all the more enjoyable

TisTheWay

04-09-2013

Neat patch, jokes they buffed morg the rest of them are pretty good, are you guys planning on increasing the range of thresh's e? It just seems like something that would be increased by an inch (not sure what the range value would be)

GreaterGood14

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisTheWay View Post
Neat patch, jokes they nerfed morg the rest of them are pretty good, are you guys planning on increasing the range of thresh's e? It just seems like something that would be increased by an inch (not sure what the range value would be)
They buffed morgana......

xuthan

04-09-2013

What the hell? If you're gonna nerf akali's q, that ratio should be increased to 0.6. High risk, high reward right? Doing the math, if Akali builds a hextech revolver first by level 7 with 40ap runes (being a bit generous here and including 5% ap gain) from runes and masteries; assuming Q was leveled 4 times, the difference in base damage would be 25. With the AP ratio gain, she only gets (((40+40)*1.05)*0.5) - (((40+40)*1.05)*0.4) = 8.4 extra damage from the ratio. So she loses out 16 damage on a q and attack combo. Even if she has a needlessly large rod instead of the revolver, the damage is (((40+80)*1.05)*0.4) - (((40+80)*1.05)*0.4) = 12.5, losing 12.5 damage.

Let akali have her Q maxed, damage base damage on throw difference is 30. To compensate for the loss of 30 damage, Akali would need to have 300ap. That's almost end game for the combo to deal the same amount of damage.

If enemy has a gap closer and cc/temporary shield, akali is no longer a threat and will get bullied out of lane unless a lucky gank comes up. This nerf just makes it worse. Garen, Jax, Riven, Ryze, TF, etc will destroy Akali now. Plus it already takes an above average player to use akali decently.

Saiffxiii

04-09-2013

People are overreacting with the Lux nerfs. Lux needed her movement speed to be reduced because she is one of the fastest mages in the game, with a 2 second bind, slow, and shield. She was just too safe. And Lux's ult is also one of the shortest CD ults for a mage.

Amixic

04-09-2013

Personally, I agree with the Akali nerf, but maybe not to that extent, and mainly to her ulti, her ult was the thing that set her apart. Best chaser in the game, now she's got such a long CD (Except with getting kills or assist, which is harder now from her damage reduction) so basically she won't be a ranged killer anymore. Right. Okay, I can handle that, and the Lux nerf I agree with greatly. Dat ult. *wipes sweat off brow* Now I don't have to deal with everyone thinking they're pro on Twisted Treeline for spamming an ult that can bring my Nidalee down half health, while my spear does only about 1/3 or 1/4th. Thanks Riot! Also, the Spirit nerf... Okay... No more jungle Warwick for me.
Did I miss anything?