Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallows Evelynn

04-09-2013

the akali/lux nerfs were seen coming and needed TO AN EXTENT, BUT once again riot abuses the nerf bat and over nerfs a flavor of the month champ just because of bronze kids crying on forums.

lux the MS nerf was more than enough. if she misses her bindings she mind as well stop running if being chased by a bruisier. the nerf to her ult ON TOP of that was uncalled for. either nerf her MS or nerf her ult, not both...

its the same thing for akali. the nerf to her ult alone was MORE than enough. akali entire point of existance revovles around her ult. touch and tweak that enough and u are good to go. nerfing her other kit like mark of the assassin is not needed and is a over nerf. why nerf her laning phase when she already has trouble pre 6? that makes no ****ing sense. her terror comes AFTER she gets ult. it doesnt come from poking a AP mid out of lane with her Q ffs...

xXxShintaxXx

04-09-2013

I just hate what they did to lux and kayle.

that encourages me to not play with them, since i can't do what i liked to with them..

also they over nerfed akali.. that's sad.

riot is making a mistake here. is messing all up.

stop over-nerfing.

Mayobe

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
These posts are scrolling by, just wanted to highlight a particularly good discussion point.
Aye. That's something I've noticed as well. BRING BACK SOUL SHROUD.

*Ahem...*

June24th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Are you guys including the QoL fix for Vayne's condemn in this patch?
Asnwer please

Mayobe

04-09-2013

@Riot - Please look at Fiddles and the very early game of some of the oldschool ADCs.

Far East Shooter

04-09-2013

Lol wut lux nerfs? she was hardly in high elo so you nerf her? You must suc **** if you cant counter her she has no escape and is so squishy.

Rex de Universus

Recruiter

04-09-2013

did anyone notice the muramana change its no bonus physical damage instead of magical i think this is pretty big

inbredpsychosis

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
You mean when Force of Nature existed (the "shut down AP carries" item) and magic resistance in general was easier to itemize for?
besides force of nature i don't remember any other MR being easier to itemize for.

and now every team has bulwark so you always will have +30 MR baseline not to mention not everyone built Force of Nature. like wasn't it one of the most underbuilt items back then? i can't remember; nevertheless i doubt force of nature was what kept lux and other ap carries in check tbh

Enemy Commando

04-09-2013

With the slew of nerfs to Gunblade etc, akali is now weak as piss. 0o, sigh these game is all about keeping crying n00b players happy these days. F*ck Riot, what have you done?

Stan SB

04-09-2013

Truthfully I feel like the Lux movement speed reduction was unnecessary. Lux can be countered by many champions that are very fast compared to her, even with boots on. I play Lux mid, I wouldn't say I'm the best but I win 80%-90% of my games with her. I believe this to be because I know Lux mechanically and I'm a huge threat to people I counter and people that counter me due to my quick knowledge of how people play. But, even though I can play her decently the reason I lose games is because I am out run by quite a few champions(even if I'm tower hugging or being protected by my stun and slow).

Although I am not sad to see the CD being raised, but its possibly to much? I feel that's what makes Lux, Lux... She has a very strong ulti with a short CD, but it's extremely easy to dodge as long as you're not Light Binded. I would much prefer a 80/60/45 because it's raised but the CD has still the same feeling. But Lux is also a mage with ONLY skill shots, which makes her harder to play because you have to anticipate movements, this also includes her ulti which can be missed with the enemies having the knowledge of Lux(including the intentions of the player) and the speed that champions can reach through boots.

Somethings that could be balanced are the mana usage with spells. Light Binding has such a low mana usage compared to Lucent Singularity. I think Lucent Singularity's damage output should be slightly lowered with a mana requirement decrease. And Light Binding show have a slight mana increase with a higher damage output. Prismatic Barrier should have a slight increase of mana usage because it is so helpful throughout the whole game.

Light Binding: Cost = 50/60/70/80/90 Mana Ideal Cost = 55/65/75/85/95 Mana

Prismatic Barrier: Cost = 65 Ideal Cost = 70 or 75 Mana

Lucent Singularity; Cost = 70/85/100/115/130 Mana Ideal Cost = 70/80/95/110/125 Mana

Note: These ideas have the factor of ability buff or debuff