Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xParaDoXz View Post
We had male ap mids?...tf?..right....
Ryze, TF, Gragas, Kassadin, Malz, Kennen (mostly).

Female: Cassio, Annie, Syndra, Diana, Ahri, Lux, Kat

Edit: Just to name a few

TundraShadow

04-09-2013

Well its official folks akali has been reduced to little ribons. Keep on drop kicking her in the face just like her ult. Her Q was suposed to be a good damage dealer and poke but now i can sit down and head to head her with an adc can do more damage with one bloodthirster vs her Q. Akali is dead I dont know the reason they keep nerfing her. Balanced fist of shadow rest in peace.... have fun being replaced by a useless pillow thrower of an assasin. They could at least make the trade damn usefull... .5 ap from .4 and get rid of good base damage? Wtf way to screw up a good assasin. This just ruined and will ruin all my games as akali. Gj go screw up another good champion and stop ****ing good ones balanced ones in the ass. LATE GAME POTENTIAL WHAT LATE GAME POTENTIAL WITH GARBAGE AP RATIO OF .5? OH THAT IS SO DAMN GREAT TO KNOW MY LATE GAME ALL THE ADCS DO MORE DAMAGE WITH ONE AUTOATTACK VS ONE ABILITY. GOOD JOB SO HIGH RISK THAT I AM GOING TO FREAKING DIE EVEN AGAINST THE SQUISHY DAMN ADCS. ABSO****INGLUTLY GREAT RIOT.

Looks like I will retardo talon forever now considering that Akali is not viable or effective at all anymore as a hunting assasin. rest in peace my beloved fist of shadow

Rauron

04-09-2013

I'm glad to see Lux getting nerfed, but I think this is the wrong direction. I wrote some thoughts here, basically about shifting power from E to her passive, with possible an AP ratio shift from QE towards her ult. In particular, I find her MS nerf problematic, and would like to see that reverted in favor of changes elsewhere.

manolezz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

lux movespeed ajust..ok
lux's ult cd increase: i totally hate my life

The Phantom oath

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornyng View Post
Lux nerfed even tho she's already hurting, hec's nerfs tied in with the nerf of elder lizard not once but twice...voli slowed....thanks riot, i didn't like playing my favorite champs...
agreed

IceHound

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraShadow View Post
Well its official folks akali has been reduced to little ribons. Keep on drop kicking her in the face just like her ult. Her Q was suposed to be a good damage dealer and poke but now i can sit down and head to head her with an adc can do more damage with one bloodthirster vs her Q. Akali is dead I dont know the reason they keep nerfing her. Balanced fist of shadow rest in peace.... have fun being replaced by a useless pillow thrower of an assasin. They could at least make the trade damn usefull... .5 ap from .4 and get rid of good base damage? Wtf way to screw up a good assasin. This just ruined and will ruin all my games as akali. Gj go screw up another good champion.
All I heard was HOOOAAAAAAA AKALI WAS NERFED OMGWTFBBQ!

SaraphAngel

Recruiter

04-09-2013

For Lux, they should at least make reduce the mana cost at least... if u increase the cooldown reduction

Beija

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraShadow View Post
stuff
They are trying to make her a APc.

Mestergrog

04-09-2013

Reiterating some points I saw earlier about the Golem change, and some thoughts of my own:

The change to Spirit of the Ancient Golem is nice. It lost armor, but gained CDR and got its price reduced. Overall this is great for tanks.

Right now, to be tanky, you want to maintain a good balance between health and resistances. The exact math of this depends on the team you're facing, of course, but in Season 3 we typically see champions wanting a health item, followed by a good split of items that give health + armor. So generally you invest around an item's worth of gold more into health than armor.

But tanks, especially the tanks valued more for utility/CC than damage, really want CDR to use their CC more often in a fight. And right now, what gives CDR and what else do these items bring? Frozen Heart (Armor, mana). Locket (Health + Armor). Shurelia's (mostly utility and regen, with a small bit of health). Spirit Visage (Health + MR and sustain). So if you pick up a lot of CDR, you'll find yourself in the position of having a lot of resistances and not much health, which, with the penetration and itemization changes, doesn't make you all that tanky now (unlike in Season 2).

So tanks were forced to go less of the 'I spam my CC to help my team' (CDR) route, and more of the 'I'm tanky and provide auras for my team' (Aegis + Locket) route. And unfortunately, bruisers do that just as well, while trading out some CC for more damage. This is one reason why, in my opinion, we see more picks who are 'bruiser-like' than those who are 'tank-like'.

With the changes to Spirit of the Ancient Golem, it has now become a core tank item: CDR + Health + CC reduction. And buy removing the armor to lower the item's cost, you allow for other, more armor-intensive purchases (like Glacial Shroud), allowing for tanks to get even more CDR in their builds.

Basically, in Season 2 the focus on resistances had made tank itemization very strong, forcing tanks to be (item-independently) weaker than bruisers to maintain balance. The shift to health in Season 3 has left a lot of tanks out in the cold. Right now jungle tanks, for example, are going to probably get Aegis of the Legion and Locket of the Iron Solari, leaving them severely wanting for a CDR choice. Getting CDR from Spirit of the Ancient Golem is obviously good, but getting rid of the armor and cutting the cost is also good, because you can use that extra gold on other resistance/CDR items

Happy

04-09-2013

Looks like a bit too much to Akali tbh, her win rate is only around 50% and these changes are huge to her early game, which is where Akali struggles. I doubt she will be a viable pick after this patch.