Something I will never understand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacobianMatrix

04-09-2013

is why every "democrat" I have come across believes that party-alignments have transitive closure; i.e. that if you agree with a republican stance one issue in particular, then you must agree with every extreme stance on all issues (transitive closure). Likewise (necessarily), they hold the equally ridiculous notion that if I were to agree on one particular issue, then I am their ally in all issues.

While most staunch republicans I have come across have flawed understanding of ethics and realities of other groups of people, staunch democrats I have come across have flawed understanding of logic (without fail I might add).

SirLucious LftFt

04-09-2013

Sounds pretty biased. You'll find what your describing in people of both parties. Depends more on a person to person basis then anything. Really you can't generalize millions and millions of people like that.(proof right here is that your generlization is a failure of logic, so are u a dem with failed logic like you say they have?)

SkeithGotBanned

04-09-2013

The Liberal Democrat Party is not going to disappear anytime soon. Regardless of sweeping statements.

If other Party’s (or members thereof) wish us to disappear, one has to ask why?

Are we a thorn in their side keeping them from inflicting their will on the Country, unchecked? or, do they just want to annihilate anyone who doesn’t agree with their views? (isn’t that a dictatorship?). Whatever the reason, we simply must remain to give voters an option for change, at local and national levels.

As I have previously stated, I do not agree with every decision the Party makes, that goes for everyone in any Party, I guess, but my views are more in line with the Libdems, than any other Party in our political spectrum.

We may disagree, like brothers and sisters and argue between ourselves, no other Party has a conference like ours! We all have different ideas how to achieve those ideals (as I write this the “secret courts” debate is running at conference), but we do agree that we want “to enable and empower every citizen – to fulfil their potential – regardless of wealth, or gender, or colour or creed”

So there is a need for the Liberal Democrats, no longer as a protest party, as party that has achieved 75% of its manifesto, as a party that makes up the coalition government and can do so again in 2015, as a party who CAN also make a difference locally. Somewhere my political views can be achieved, which could never happen under Tory, Labour, UKIP et al.

The more other Party’s tell us we are not needed, actually tells us we are very much needed.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

In the North Korean documentary I just watched they told me that America has really only got party that's called the Demorepublicran Party and that when people vote in Elections there it has no effect at all.