Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which assassin is more effective, Zha'Zix or Zed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

natchu96

04-09-2013

This has probably been asked to death, but I wanted some more opinions.

I've asked somewhere else before, and most seem to be leaning towards Zha'Zix in terms of teamfighting potential and escape ability, so I guess I'll ask from a different perspective: which of the two is easier to use to their full potential, in your opinion?

I'm mostly thinking mid and top, possibly jungle if you think it is relevant.

MssrLouisCyphre

04-09-2013

Take the time to learn Kha'Zix. Get a feel for refreshing your passive, knowing what abilities to evolve for each stage of the game, and which of your mobility options to use when entering or exiting a fight.

Trust me, it's worth your while.

Edit: This is in contrast to Zed's escape, gap-close, and reposition all sharing the same cooldown. Both champs have incredible physical burst and powerful execution moves. Difference is, Kha's execute can be his Q and he has three (or four!) such mobility skills. If he evolves wings, he gets another Leap every time someone he touched dies.

Edit 2: That said, Zed has more straight-up burst with his ult if I remember right. Apply the mark, blow all of your cooldowns on your target (including Kingblade, etc.) and walk away laughing. They'll take five steps and die, and then you can flood /all with Kill Bill quotes.

Demon Sentinel

04-09-2013

Both are exellent assassins, i own both. They both have gap closers/escapes, and a ranged pokes. Khazix has a better poke with evolved spike racks, Zed has a higher damage ult. They are very close and I cant say which is "better".

AlwaysTwoAces

04-09-2013

From my personal experience from playing both, I am more comfortable with playing Kha'Zix. Gap closer or escape leap that resets. Spikes is probably one the best harass + farm + healing skills there is. Kha-Zix also has a passive that lets you harass and burst champions ridiculously fast and his ultimate lets him go invisible and trigger his passive as well.

TL:DR I prefer Kha-Zix, both are good.

Lulu Our Goddess

04-09-2013

In all honesty, Zed isn't that great after a while, Kha'Zix really beats him in terms of usefulness late game

natchu96

04-10-2013

MssrLouisCyphre

The way I see it with Zed, though, is that once he bursts someone down in a teamfight (which happens every few minutes late game), he walks five steps and dies as well with all his skills on cooldown. While Kha'Zix can leap out again and/or take reduced damage.

The second question that was in the first post, though, is which was easier to play properly.

Jesustim

04-10-2013

khazix is mechanically simpler than zed because you dont have to do anything like track shadows

PoisonedPeace

04-10-2013

I love Zed, and I don't play Kha, but I would have to say that Kha is better for solo queue.
He has the ability to be a real bruiser, he has sustained damage and burst damage, but the biggest thing is the reset on his leap.

Zed is also lacking in any effective cc, but I guess kha is as well.

YogSoth0th

04-10-2013

Zed's harder to play, but I think he's a little better if you learn how to use him. His shadows offer incredible mobility, escape and dodging potential, and a lot of damage, but they're also harder to master than Kha'Zix's skills, though they offer just a little more. Both are just as fun as the other though, so it all depends on how much time you're willing to invest into your champion.

Tristump

04-10-2013

I prefer Zed, having played both mid. I picked up Kha'Zix a bit ago and probably my favorite thing about him was his great wave clear and potential to snowball a teamfight. Probably my least favorite aspects of him include his mana costs and rather lack luster ultimate.

Zed I like more because of his blinks, reasonable energy costs and execute. There's no better feeling than walking away from a 20% health enemy with your death mark on them.

Zed can assassinate the enemy ADC for free if he saves his W for getting out. And if he doesn't manage to kill him you can still blink away (and maybe flash). Kha'Zix has to place his bets on his evolved jump and the possibility he gets the reset.