How to Shaco???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stalecookie

12-06-2009

So I have read the many good guides posted for Shaco and I just can't decide what is the best.

Some guides are Ability power others attack damage.

Some guides say to max his ultimate asap others leave it for the last 3 points

I love Shaco and I have been trying to test out many builds but I don't play many games a day and since I am (assuming) low ELO I can test one build against a **** team and another against an amazing team, making one build seem superior when it could just be the players.

So how do I Shaco?!

Thanks

~Will

Dantage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Since you are at a lower elo, I'd suggest you start playing shaco with the attack damage build. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=32111 <-- Max Pita's Super Sayan Shaco build. Honestly, you can rack up very large numbers of kills against the less wary players in the low tiered elo games (who tend to play really squishy and easy to kill characters). It really helps the morale of your team when Shaco has caused at least 3 kills in the first 5 minutes of the game. I love this build, but have recently started running into higher skilled players who religiously clair+ward to fend off ganks. Its super risky, as the first 5 minutes of the match determine how well you're gonna do. If you haven't caused at least 2-4 kills before the elixir runs out, you're gonna struggle to recover.

However, I have seen superb AP shaco builds. They are insanely good at crowd control and deal good damage(both aoe + single target) as well. Once you start getting good at microing your clone, the AP build gives great aoe, which is what you're gonna want in team battles. It also improves your shiv + deceive. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=25473

tl:dr Max Pita build is great if you want to be a pubstar. My best score so far was 23-3-13 with that build. AP shaco build will definitely give you more presence in a team battle.

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

As much as I loved the look of Shaco, he's a very tough character to use. Maybe it's his abilities or his damage output that I'm not good with..... On the other hand I haven't used him since I started the game.

Just gank whenever you can. And always try attacking behind them. 2x the damage with shaco.

wildfire393

12-07-2009

Attack damage Shaco is very powerful. I have a clanmate who regularly picks up 30+ kills with him.

The bottom line is that Deceive = free kills when you're attack power. AP might have AOE fears and the clone-bomb, but you will have a much harder time getting to a good place for the lategame when you can't get a ton of early kills from deceive + 2 shiv's slow.

Also, with just boots, a Last Whisper, and a Madred's Bloodrazor, you can solo baron at like 15 through good use of your hallucinate + deceiving away from his attacks.

Benoit

12-07-2009

bump, need more different view on this!

Dreadstone

12-07-2009

I love Shaco and I personally prefer Crit/Damage with him. Im working on a guide for him at the moment at Leaguecraft.com. go to http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...h+and+Trickery
I should be done with it later today or sometime tomorrow.
Check out the link in order to see what I have to say.
I personally think that Ap is more a defensive stratagy for Shaco than going Dps or hybrid. I really like Dps and hybrid. Hybrid is the best for defensive life wise. you wont die ever... if you know how to use him.

Dense Illusion

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Attack damage Shaco is very powerful. I have a clanmate who regularly picks up 30+ kills with him.

The bottom line is that Deceive = free kills when you're attack power. AP might have AOE fears and the clone-bomb, but you will have a much harder time getting to a good place for the lategame when you can't get a ton of early kills from deceive + 2 shiv's slow.

Also, with just boots, a Last Whisper, and a Madred's Bloodrazor, you can solo baron at like 15 through good use of your hallucinate + deceiving away from his attacks.
AP Shaco gets just as many kills early from JITB nests and killing junglers. At least in the low-mid elo range he does.

GregX

01-19-2010

personally i like building for a very high attack shaco and boosting his ult as early into the game as i can. mix in jack in the box for cutting off enemy retreats and two shiv poison for chasing and i find it very easy to nail enemy's to the wall very easily.