Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dyla

11-08-2010

Lux is disapointing atm, mainly because she is out shadowed by the other supports.

Her passive is terrible, and 5 second of exrta damge is nothing when you will only get about 2 auto attacks before it runs out..

Q is decent, with nice range. (Nothing compared to Morgana)

W is a let down of a shield, and imo should have an armor debuff to enemies it passes through, and a longer lasting shield for allies it passes through. Bad ratios, but that doesnt help how bad it is.

E should provide more sight, slow is ok, but cd could be changed.

R is a very fun ult, but just doesn't do as much damage as expected. I wouldn't mind a longer cd if her other spells had a shorter cd. The range is good, as global would be too op, but the width should be widened slightly, as it just seems very thin atm.

Her range is too short for the passive to be any good, her attack speedis terrible as well it is basically only good for last hitting creeps, and a farmed Lux is not going to do anything.

Lux has no place in the game atm, because if you are farmed you still can't do anything, as there are way better choices if you need a support, and way better choices for a caster. She just has no place atm.

CaptnBarbosa

11-08-2010

all this is right. If she's farmed, chances are you were kill stealing more valuable teammates.

I bought her and used her like 6 times and just can't see a reason to go back.

FattestCupcakeNA

11-08-2010

Seriously? The only thing I agree with here is that her passive is a little strange, but it always helps me put those early stacks on Mejais, so I'm not complaining.

Her shield, while having a short duration, upwards of 400 ap can mitigate thousands of damage even if it only hits a couple allies. That's very good. And it applies twice.

Her stun is evil, double stun, with extra damage? And the debuff? Yes plz. It also sets you up perfectly for:

Her illumination aoe spell. This is godly. It slows all enemies it passes through, additionally slowing in an aoe before it is popped for huge aoe damage.

Lastly, her ult. This thing is insane. You can utl a quarter of the entire map away. You can make as many enemies as you can hit take upwards of 1000 damage a piece. Easily. Normally in late games, this spell will single handedly remove over half of a squishies hp, and a third of any other hero. Not to mention it is arguably one of the best finishers in the game. If you can predict where enemies will run, or try to teleport from, free kills. It's like having a karthus with a beefier ult. Oh, did I mention how easy it is to get this spell on 24 second cd? lvl 16 blue buff gg. Maybe you should try her out some more.

MBirk

11-08-2010

Quote:
Cortigan:
Seriously? The only thing I agree with here is that her passive is a little strange, but it always helps me put those early stacks on Mejais, so I'm not complaining.

Her shield, while having a short duration, upwards of 400 ap can mitigate thousands of damage even if it only hits a couple allies. That's very good. And it applies twice.

Her stun is evil, double stun, with extra damage? And the debuff? Yes plz. It also sets you up perfectly for:

Her illumination aoe spell. This is godly. It slows all enemies it passes through, additionally slowing in an aoe before it is popped for huge aoe damage.

Lastly, her ult. This thing is insane. You can utl a quarter of the entire map away. You can make as many enemies as you can hit take upwards of 1000 damage a piece. Easily. Normally in late games, this spell will single handedly remove over half of a squishies hp, and a third of any other hero. Not to mention it is arguably one of the best finishers in the game. If you can predict where enemies will run, or try to teleport from, free kills. It's like having a karthus with a beefier ult. Oh, did I mention how easy it is to get this spell on 24 second cd? lvl 16 blue buff gg. Maybe you should try her out some more.

you probably should look up numbers before making a post like this.

Narssisstic

11-08-2010

Lux = Morgana 0.5

Morgana is infinitely better than Lux, and doesn't have to KS to get kills.

Played 8 games as Morg with a Lux on the team, both of us started in a lane, and our Lux wasn't anywhere close to me.

SilverArms

11-08-2010

Lux is Sux. Derp.

Nhan Fiction

11-08-2010

I don't think Lux is bad by any means, but she is not that strong. She is all right at best.

Antibreeder

11-08-2010

Lux's Q is actually pretty well balanced skill that can rival Dark Binding. Slightly shorter range/duration, but it can hit two targets. The actual resemble and performance between Lux and Morgana unfortunately ends there.

Lux's ultimate is also pretty good for what it is. It's a super short cooldown, long range, and a pretty decent amount of damage. If she has blue buff you can open and finish fights with it - of course this is assuming her other skills aren't worthless, she survived the fight, and you would even let her take blue. Finales Funkeln isn't as flashy as a lot of other ultimates, but it's at least versatile (would be much, much better if enemy didn't see the laser warning that allows them to often avoid being sniped).

The biggest issue with Lux is her passive, W, and E.

Combined, Lux's passive and Lucent Singularity are like Morg's Tormented Soil, except it requires you to be in range and takes longer and you don't always do it fast enough... Oh yay a mediocre slow...oh wait Morg can easily, easily farm a Rylai's to deal more damage and slow too. Yes they are very different skills, but Lucent Singularity is just lackluster.

Tormented Soil in many ways outshines Illumination, Lucent Singularity, and Prismatic Barrier combined - they're just so mediocre compared to an amazing debuffing DoT that self-heals, which is sad for 3/5 of a Champion to be inferior to a single spell.

Prismatic Barrier was a good idea, yay aoe bubbling...except it has a three second duration AND is skillshot AND travel time AND casting animation. So likely you might hit one or two additional people with it, but they will likely only benefit from one pass if that. Or they will just be snared or stunned and then die shortly after with the bubble wearing. In an optimal situation where you could hit your entire team and have them absorb several hundred damage each, yes it is awesome. In most situations you'll miss because people your ally is trying to avoid a CC skillshot, or you'll stop to cast it on yourself and then get caught, or it will just wear with no effect and you would have wasted mana.

Morgana's bubble prevents crowd control effects, awesome. Janna's gives a free BF sword, awesome. Both have near triple Prismatic Barrier's duration.

If Prismatic Barrier had a longer duration, the passes stacked individually, and it had a wider area of affect it would be solid. You could reliably hit a couple people with it each cast and you wouldn't have to worry about it wearing before absorbing any damage.

Zodiak84

11-08-2010

plz explain me how morgana can win a 1on1 fight against lux easily. She needs a flash or snare before she can be rly deadly for lux, since lux has a huge range in everything she does. I never had problems against morgana on mid.

- My snare hits twice!
- My illumination keep her in distance!
- My barrier shields me if i got hit by soil or snare and it shields me twice!
- My ult pwn her away if she gets low, no matter how!

Lux has an excellent concept and increasing her stats, numbers would make her to the most overpowered champ in this game.

Doctor Awesome

11-08-2010

Even if Lux is half as good as Morgana, you have to remember that Morgana is twice as good as most champions.

But seriously, I feel like Lux is moderately useful, and I see her played well very frequently. Usually the effective ones I see are stacking penetration and cooldown reduction to get her ultimate on a 24-second cooldown. The damage may be underwhelming against tougher enemies, but it'll only take 2 shots to make tower-huggers start sweating.

That said, I think the biggest problem she has is that her AP ratios are lousy and her mana costs are high. I feel like she always does crappy damage, except her ultimate after a lot of AP/penetration. Nobody's ever afraid of Lux, just mildly to severely annoyed.