People who use OKCupid-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lammah

04-09-2013

I used OK Cupid for about 8 months, for both friends and dating. Talked to a few girls, became friends with one but never dated anyone. No "hump" either as I only wanted to find a girlfriend and not just s*x.

I even tried to find a couple gamer guys in my aera and see if I could make a few friends but all of them ignored me, I guess they just wanted chicks.

I closed my account last month after I met an awesome girl thanks to Match.com .

stillnotCampir

04-09-2013

Online dating is for socially awkward people. Denying this is pointless.

ProbabIyTerribad

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpir View Post
You don't have to be too awkward to have trouble meeting attractive chicks in person.

School is pretty much the only way to do it for me, and I'm p. quiet in a classroom setting.

stillnotCampir

04-09-2013

Exactly, you're socially awkward IRL. It's okay bro.

My Face Is OP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
I don't think it is.

Sure it might be true for a lot but I would think those people don't get talked to anyways.

The few girls I have talked to are socially ok. The main reason I have found they use dating sites is because they have busy work schedules and can't get out to meet people.

stillnotCampir

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Face Is OP View Post
I don't think it is.

Sure it might be true for a lot but I would think those people don't get talked to anyways.

The few girls I have talked to are socially ok. The main reason I have found they use dating sites is because they have busy work schedules and can't get out to meet people.
>implying that you're a real person and your circumstantial evidence means anything

My Face Is OP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
>implying that you're a real person and your circumstantial evidence means anything
ok, you don't have to believe I'm a real person to believe that people use it because of busy work schedules don't allow them to go out.

This actually has nothing to do with me as a real or make believe person.

My Face Is OP

04-09-2013

Although from what I was told, Fuji talks to ugly nerdy looking girls. I don't see why he can't do this at school.

Lammah

04-09-2013

Online dating does help introverts and socially awkward people a lot (and I am one of them), but saying it's only for such people is a very wrong generalization.

Even for "normal" people, meeting new people is not really easy; busy work life, limited circles of friends, dating a colleague being a no-go...
Online dating let's you search for people that have common interests and mindsets (very important for me) and to get to know them without the pressure of meeting in person right away.

I really enjoyed getting to slowly know my now girlfriend by exchanging long emails, then talking on the phone and finally meeting to find out we really had good chemistry. We would have never met through our circle of friends; but an online dating site allowed us to find each other and I am so grateful we did.

My Face Is OP

04-09-2013

I'm probably not the typical OKCupid user.

I talk to the girl a few hours then meet that week.

I am older though, so most of us have cars and don't get giddy over emails. Girls my age just want to meet.