Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Innervating Locket for Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whatamidoing

11-08-2010

many times i prefer AAS, I find that i dont need the locket all that much since AAS can do the job better imho

my normal set up usually AAS, Ryjal (or Rod of Ages), and Z ring with boots of mobility or sorcerer's boot.

if i really want some cd reduction and mana regen, i end up getting reverie

Biomatter

11-08-2010

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
Locket synergizes well with her support role as it's another aura on top of her own auras, and you're spamming skills so often to rotate your auras/get active effects that the trigger on Locket should be going off all the time.

I see no reason to skip it on her if you're trying to play support.

I accidentally downvoted you! Oh no! You are entirely right, and that's the reason I always get the Locket too. I play Sona as support, though, I see most people are building AP in this thread?...

PhantomOfAres

11-08-2010

Personally, I agree that locket is kind of a waste, since the health/mp regen are pretty superfluous. And while I understand how AP items aren't seen as support items, can someone explain why AP items are inferior for "support Sona?" I mean, the AP scaling's decent on her heal, plus you get to do more damage. In my mind, a support champ should be able to get as many buffs/heals on the team as possible, and Locket doesn't really do that, beyond providing mana regen, and a couple of auras. But there are more valuable auras, like soul shroud, abyssal scepter, aegis and will of the ancients, that all give Sona better survivability, and most give something else in addition. So a "support Sona" should be stacking CDR, to spam as many support abilities as possible and should have enough mana regen to be useful, which isn't hard, and can be accomplished pretty easily with a simple chalice or tear (which each cost less than half of locket). After that point? AP's looking like a pretty valuable next stat, don't you agree?

Cenerae

11-08-2010

Quote:
PhantomOfAres:
Personally, I agree that locket is kind of a waste, since the health/mp regen are pretty superfluous. And while I understand how AP items aren't seen as support items, can someone explain why AP items are inferior for "support Sona?" I mean, the AP scaling's decent on her heal, plus you get to do more damage. In my mind, a support champ should be able to get as many buffs/heals on the team as possible, and Locket doesn't really do that, beyond providing mana regen, and a couple of auras. But there are more valuable auras, like soul shroud, abyssal scepter, aegis and will of the ancients, that all give Sona better survivability, and most give something else in addition. So a "support Sona" should be stacking CDR, to spam as many support abilities as possible and should have enough mana regen to be useful, which isn't hard, and can be accomplished pretty easily with a simple chalice or tear (which each cost less than half of locket). After that point? AP's looking like a pretty valuable next stat, don't you agree?

The AP scaling on Sona's heal is 0.5, which is the lowest ratio on any healing spell in the game. You can argue that it is actually a 1.0 ratio since it heals Sona as well as her target, but I can counterargue by saying Taric's Imbue has a vastly superior ratio when he's healing allies, and potentially just as short a cooldown since he can melee to reduce it.

You do not pick Sona for her healing ability, as it is feeble when you compare it to other healers. You pick Sona for her team auras and the mobility she provides, along with her ult to change the outcome of teamfights.

Maxing CDR and building aura items is easily the smartest way to build her. The less cooldown on your spells, the more frequently you can have your auras and the movespeed buff active in a clash. Building additional aura items makes your contribution even better, as you'll be providing a metric ton of buffs. In addition, building these items increases your survivability, which is good since Sona is one of the most frail champions in the game. Once you have an aegis, randuin's omen, and shurelya's reverie, you're both extremely hard to catch, and not too simple to burst down.

Going for AP means at best you're only getting health from a Rod of Ages or Rylai's (the latter being decidedly poor on Sona), and maybe the active from Zhonya's. You become a glass cannon support for the sake of better nuking and healing.

NinetyNineTails

11-08-2010

Sona doesn't need a Locket. Sona needs a Tear of the Goddess and then an Archangel's from that tear. The Locket doesn't offer anything that Sona needs.

Klazzix

11-08-2010

It's not locket. It's catalyst. Add some CDR + HP e.g Shroud and you're good. AAS? Naw. Abyssal offers more.