Innervating Locket for Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

11-08-2010

Is innervating locket a great item for sona or not? Ive looked at it. It seems okay but nothing special in my opinion but today i had 2 people tell me i need to have it.

Normally i go sorc boots, rylais, zhonyas then banshee/abysmal/lich bane depending on what im facing.

Reason is that sorc boots just give me more damage, zhonyas for the great active and just great AP item. rylais for AP, health. helps the team escape and helps chase down runners.

Smokey

11-08-2010

if your not gonna get locket i suggest you get at least a tear than turn it into AAS after you finish your rylai zring

ForeverUryu

11-08-2010

I usually go Doran's ring, Catalyst, Mejais, Sorc boots, build Catalyst into Locket, Zhonyas, then Abysmal/Void Staff/Lich Bane.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

Locket synergizes well with her support role as it's another aura on top of her own auras, and you're spamming skills so often to rotate your auras/get active effects that the trigger on Locket should be going off all the time.

I see no reason to skip it on her if you're trying to play support.

unentschieden

11-08-2010

Sona just needs to solve her Mana issues. Locket works, but she really doesn´t need the heal, she has enough herself.

Asylumseeker

11-08-2010

okay, what about if playing more of an attacking role with support, rather than a support which can attack.

lately ive been regularily getting first blood and my lane being the first to destroy a turret. Also going with a + k/d ratio. I run with clarity/flash so most of the time i dont have too much mana problems apart from a bit early game..

Warslaughters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

if you want an attacking role with support, just get an archangels, then you'll have giant AP boost with almost infinite mana.

Gumslinger

11-08-2010

innervating locket on sona is OP a ****. i combine it with soul shroud to have maximum support . my build for Sona is
innervating locket
Soul Shroud
Sorc boots
Arc Angles Staff
Rylai's
Zhonya's
for my runes i use

Marks = Magic Pen
Seals are a maix of mana/5 and AP
Blues are a mix of CDR and AP
Quints Are AP
with this rune set up and masteries ( 9/0/21) i start off with 20 AP. once my first two items are complete i never have to leave lane unless it's to buy . Innervating locket + Soul Shroud = GG if u want to play a full support Sona for the first half of the game also if you don't mind being the queen of Assists. If u feel that your not dying too much replace zhonya's or Rylai's with a Mejai's
with this buildI feel I fullfill Sona"s support aspect while having a decent amount of Damage output .

Antibreeder

11-08-2010

Locket is 2250 gold with the main purpose of just giving you endless mana, except Sona has a high base mana regen, can use clarity seals and glyphs, and then purchase other mana items so this really isn't that necessary.

Soul Shroud, while less mana, gives you a 15% CDR aura for the same price. That's more beneficial for your team than your Q and W auras combined.

If you're really worried about mana issues you could pick up a Tear of the Goddess and a Philosopher's Stone for 1795 gold and get 17 mana regen so you could get AAS and/or Reverie sooner.

If Locket still healed allies it would actually give you support. Right now it only gives you mana so you can spam your supportive abilities to less effect while delaying items you need more. If you don't have mana problems (which should be easy to avoid) then Locket's usefulness significantly decreases.

Cenerae

11-08-2010

Locket is a crutch that many Sonas rely on too much, not realising that they don't need it. If you're below level 30 or you're not running mana regen runes for some reason, then yes you will need a Locket to do your job. If you're not, then by using your spells intelligently (yes, there is more to Sona than facerolling, shock and horror) you will easily be able to stay in the field for a long period of time by using the mana regen from your soul shroud alone. Maybe adding a Philosopher's stone in early if you intend to get a Shurelya's down the line.

The money you wasted on a Locket could have been spent on an Aegis, which is a considerably better way to spend your gold for team support, as well as giving you more survivability than the Locket does.

And if you're one of those Sonas that seems to think that she is an AP nuker (she's not), then making a Tear is the obvious way to go, in preparation for your Archangel Staff later on.