Anyone @ Riot play Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate right now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinPaladin

04-09-2013

I don't, but a friend has one. Could you play online with a Wii U version and a separate 3DS version at the same time?

Arctanus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
I don't, but a friend has one. Could you play online with a Wii U version and a separate 3DS version at the same time?
No, it works like Playstations Adhoc Party, you run an app(Monster Hunter Packet Relay Tool or something). The 3DS uses the WiiU wifi connection, and the WiiU uses the wired connection to connect to the internet. It's a bit convoluted, it's basically for people who don't have the WiiU version or people who want to bring the 3DS, or several, online. You won't be able to create rooms with the 3DS, only join them.

Edit-I'm assuming you were asking if you could play with a 3DS and a WiiU locally, and take them both online.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

04-09-2013
5 of 8 Riot Posts

I think it's time for me to put down monster hunter and go back to Tomb Raider.

Arctanus

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I think it's time for me to put down monster hunter and go back to Tomb Raider.
I really liked the new Tomb Raider. It took me so long to figure out where to finish one of the collections because I thought it was in a different area, one that you can't actually return to. Finally got it and finished all the collections.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

04-09-2013
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctanus View Post
Yeah, Frontier is the only MMO I'd happily pay monthly for.
i played it for a few months with a friend—best monster hunter so far, imo. there's just so much content…and the extra stuff they have surrounding the base experience (like caravans, rhasta, etc) is fun too. overall just a really enjoyable experience.

Arctanus

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i played it for a few months with a friend—best monster hunter so far, imo. there's just so much content…and the extra stuff they have surrounding the base experience (like caravans, rhasta, etc) is fun too. overall just a really enjoyable experience.
If I could read Japanese and wasn't worried about getting booted for the process you have to go through to play it, I'd probably play all the time. I'm looking forward to MH4 and hope they localize it, I'm not buying a Japanese 3DS to play it on. My girlfriend, brother, and I imported Portable 3rd and even with the language barrier had a blast getting to the Amatsumagatsuchi.

Flana Scarlet

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctanus View Post
If I could read Japanese and wasn't worried about getting booted for the process you have to go through to play it, I'd probably play all the time. I'm looking forward to MH4 and hope they localize it, I'm not buying a Japanese 3DS to play it on. My girlfriend, brother, and I imported Portable 3rd and even with the language barrier had a blast getting to the Amatsumagatsuchi.
I think there is a pretty good chance of it coming over her. Someone mentioned this on Reddit, and it blew my mind. Mostly, MH4 has true online on a handheld. They've never done that before (admittedly, PSP isn't a great thing for that), and Japan seems to have more of a penchant for playing local co-op. Online play is really big... in the west.

That's my justification for hoping we get a localization announcement soon(tm).

Calderweiss

04-09-2013

I really want the next monster hunter to come to our shores soon. I want a Wiiu.

Arctanus

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
I really want the next monster hunter to come to our shores soon. I want a Wiiu.
Do you mean Monster Hunter 4? Because that's a 3DS exclusive. The current one, MH3U, is WiiU/3DS.

Best Kagerou NA

04-09-2013

Monster Hunter 4 does look really fun to play. I really wanna try the new Charge Axe, I had a lot of fun with the Switch Axe in this game.