Anyone @ Riot play Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate right now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arctanus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

^Decent breakdown of the feel of Monster Hunter games.

PenguinPaladin

04-08-2013

I've put in over 100 hours already. It's consuming my life. I have no regrets.

Leonerdo

04-09-2013

I've put several hundred hours into MHTri for the Wii; so basically I beat the game almost as much as you can (I suppose I don't have EVERY armor set/weapon, but lets be reasonable...). And now there is another one... but... I'm not willing to get a WiiU or 3DS just for one game T.T Why can't they make these for the PC too. I know they make MMO versions for the PC, but only for Asia. #AllMySadness

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
I find people need to have a certain mind set to really enjoy it. A combination of savouring the savage challenge that can come from a difficult game like Demon's Souls, while also genuinely enjoying some of the grindy aspects of MMOs, as you will end up fighting the same monsters an awful lot in order to get the parts you need to make the gear you want.
I KNOW, IT'S SO GREAT, RIGHT?! #AllMyYes

Arctanus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonerdo View Post
I've put several hundred hours into MHTri for the Wii; so basically I beat the game almost as much as you can (I suppose I don't have EVERY armor set/weapon, but lets be reasonable...). And now there is another one... but... I'm not willing to get a WiiU or 3DS just for one game T.T Why can't they make these for the PC too. I know they make MMO versions for the PC, but only for Asia. #AllMySadness
Yeah, Frontier is the only MMO I'd happily pay monthly for.

Flana Scarlet

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
I've put in over 100 hours already. It's consuming my life. I have no regrets.
Same. Still rank 1 G-Rank, and I only play online. XD

Anyone interested in playing? My in-game name is Kana (occasionally on an alt named Fei-Lin), or Scarlet_Selene for the WiiU name. I'm down to hunt almost anything, I just love playing the game.

Fair note: I use Gunlance. Only Gunlance. My guild card is amazing, I think I'm up to 250 hunts with only one weapon. I don't dislike the others, Gunlance is just my absolute favorite (so far!) and I can't help playing more. Just in case anyone wanted something like dual slime speed runs, I can't do that. Don't have the gear.

Wiksy

Associate Software Engineer

04-09-2013
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
as you will end up fighting the same monsters an awful lot in order to get the parts you need to make the gear you want.
Yup, I have captured Lagiacrus 21 times in a row to finally get its plate.
Also why I'm ~100 hours in and still HR2.

Arctanus

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiksy View Post
Yup, I have captured Lagiacrus 21 times in a row to finally get its plate.
Also why I'm ~100 hours in and still HR2.
Weapon or armor? If armor I'd skip it and go on, you're going to be making something else soon enough anyways since you're so close to high rank.

Flana Scarlet

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonerdo View Post
You might reconsider, there is a lot of new content added in 3U. For comparison, Tri had 15 minions and 18 bosses. 3U has 17 minions (I believe) and 51 bosses. If you missed out Portable 3rd, Misty Peaks is a brand new map. The Tower returns from previous games, and the final boss has a whole new area called the Tainted Sea. All 12 weapon types are finally back in as well. Check out some videos, it might be worth getting just for 3U!

Plus there are always future games coming out, like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, etc.

PenguinPaladin

04-09-2013

The farming is a little controversial, but personally I'm fine with it - I don't really consider it a grind, because it's not like an MMO grind.

You don't just do the same action over and over - all the fights are fun and engaging. Well, most of them. Everyone has some monsters they dislike, and I guess fighting those can be pretty unpleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flana Scarlet View Post
Same. Still rank 1 G-Rank, and I only play online. XD
I'm HR 3 in multiplayer, but I'm nearing the end of single player. Unfortunately I only have the 3DS version for now so I only get to play multi when I'm around friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flana Scarlet View Post
Fair note: I use Gunlance. Only Gunlance. My guild card is amazing, I think I'm up to 250 hunts with only one weapon. I don't dislike the others, Gunlance is just my absolute favorite (so far!) and I can't help playing more. Just in case anyone wanted something like dual slime speed runs, I can't do that. Don't have the gear.
Ha, I get that. I'm pure dual blades in single player, with 171 hunts on them. Though I've got 27 on bowguns in multi - I've found supporting with them to be amazing. Not quite as impressive of a number, but if I ever get the Wii version and play online that'll shoot way up.

Arctanus

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
The farming is a little controversial, but personally I'm fine with it - I don't really consider it a grind, because it's not like an MMO grind.

You don't just do the same action over and over - all the fights are fun and engaging. Well, most of them. Everyone has some monsters they dislike, and I guess fighting those can be pretty unpleasant.

I'm HR 3 in multiplayer, but I'm nearing the end of single player. Unfortunately I only have the 3DS version for now so I only get to play multi when I'm around friends.

Ha, I get that. I'm pure dual blades in single player, with 171 hunts on them. Though I've got 27 on bowguns in multi - I've found supporting with them to be amazing. Not quite as impressive of a number, but if I ever get the Wii version and play online that'll shoot way up.
If you own a WiiU and a USB Ethernet Adaptor, you can download the free app that lets you bring your 3DS online.