Is happiness alone enough in a relationship?

Yes. 5 55.56%
No, I need more. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

If you can be happy with another person...

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrsaMinor

04-08-2013

Happiness and good ***. With just happiness you're maybe good friends.

stillnotCampir

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursaminor View Post
happiness and good ***. With just happiness you're maybe good friends.
Attachment 655758

Jesus thy Lord

04-08-2013

NOTE:
The word for what Mere is describing is "Hypergamy".

Women always want "More".

When society and law allows for female hypergamy to go unchecked, it ironically leads to female depression on a grand scale.

I.e. women are scumtrash and need to be controlled because they do not know what they want.

They do not have the capacity to understand reality due to solipsism, which is present in all women.

Census and polls have indicated that women are happiest when under the control of a man, this is a statistically ABSOLUTE truth.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-08-2013

Define "Happiness". What does it take to be happy?

The better question would be; Is what it takes you to be happy enough? I think most people would say yes.

Love is amazing, but it doesn't pay the bills. If the bills aren't paid, who isn't happy? If you aren't happy, love takes a back seat after awhile.

Personally, to be happy, I need (and have)...

Love
Money
Free time
Nice house
Nice things
and plenty of people to share it with.

SkeithGotBanned

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
I mean on the surface day to day, you get along well, you communicate well, you make each other laugh, you make each other happy...
It's enough for me, being happy with someone.

The thing is, how to achieve this happiness?

I'd expect we to do things together. If I'm ever to engage with someone, and this someone didn't enjoy my hobbies, I'd give up them, and expect my partner to give up hers too, in case I didn't like them.

Then we'd proceed to find things we could do together.

I'd try not to fight for stupid things, and if the matter is trivial, I wouldn't care if she did it her way. I'd just expect her to respect my opinions on more serious stuff, and let me LEAD. Yes, that right, I'd lead all the decisions. I'd take into account her opinions and if they are good, I'd use them. But with tact I'd be the one to decide things. And yes, I'm aware that this would cause some fights. But I'd solve them like a normal human being.

So, for me, what it seems to be hard is to achieve this happiness. I only said a few things that can lead to said happiness, and I already feel tired. I'd put effort on it, but would my partner do the same?

And honestly, *** is included in the package as well, since we all as humans have sexual needs and it envolves you caring for the other.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus thy Lord View Post
NOTE:
The word for what Mere is describing is "Hypergamy".

Women always want "More".

When society and law allows for female hypergamy to go unchecked, it ironically leads to female depression on a grand scale.

I.e. women are scumtrash and need to be controlled because they do not know what they want.

They do not have the capacity to understand reality due to solipsism, which is present in all women.

Census and polls have indicated that women are happiest when under the control of a man, this is a statistically ABSOLUTE truth.
I looked up hypergamy.
The term refers to 'marrying up' which isn't what I'm talking about.
However I would agree with something you touched on that I want more.
But it isn't money or status...

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Define "Happiness". What does it take to be happy?

The better question would be; Is what it takes you to be happy enough? I think most people would say yes.

Love is amazing, but it doesn't pay the bills. If the bills aren't paid, who isn't happy? If you aren't happy, love takes a back seat after awhile.

Personally, to be happy, I need (and have)...

Love
Money
Free time
Nice house
Nice things
and plenty of people to share it with.
I don't know if I want happiness.

idontblamelag

04-08-2013

Happiness
Equal or relatively equal share of household tasks (weighted with work hours)

That's enough.

Mere Intricacy

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeithGotBanned View Post
It's enough for me, being happy with someone.

The thing is, how to achieve this happiness?

I'd expect we to do things together. If I'm ever to engage with someone, and this someone didn't enjoy my hobbies, I'd give up them, and expect my partner to give up hers too, in case I didn't like them.

Then we'd proceed to find things we could do together.

I'd try not to fight for stupid things, and if the matter is trivial, I wouldn't care if she did it her way. I'd just expect her to respect my opinions on more serious stuff, and let me LEAD. Yes, that right, I'd lead all the decisions. I'd take into account her opinions and if they are good, I'd use them. But with tact I'd be the one to decide things. And yes, I'm aware that this would cause some fights. But I'd solve them like a normal human being.

So, for me, what it seems to be hard is to achieve this happiness. I only said a few things that can lead to said happiness, and I already feel tired. I'd put effort on it, but would my partner do the same?

And honestly, *** is included in the package as well, since we all as humans have sexual needs and it envolves you caring for the other.
We have all those things down.
I just feels like there's a lot I cant talk to him about.
He refuses to associate with sadness.
I like being sad every now and again.
I see nothing wrong with melancholy.
But he is somewhat obsessed with always being happy. Always tring to make me happy.

HetairoiAthenas

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontblamelag View Post
Happiness
Equal or relatively equal share of household tasks (weighted with work hours)

That's enough.
Men who do more housework, receive less sex from their wives.

123456 ... 7