Riot, buff black cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

migty1joe

04-08-2013

Combine price is ridiculous. It is nice item but too expensive for what it gives.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

inb4 League of Black Cleaver
because that was a thing for a while

Irelia Bot

04-08-2013

League of BC resulted in league of Warmogs which resulted in League of Ruined King which has lead to being about where it should be with both armor and health stacking having counters but neither counter is to over the top.

Slash7

04-09-2013

i actually dunno why people make a big shot out of black cleaver
it gives up to 25% armor pen
last wisper gives 35%

so why people bother with cleaver so much is beyond me
wukong's crushing blow reduces target's armor by 30%
if wukong has cleaver he penetrates target's armor about 55% which is near 2 times less protection
if wu has wisper he penetrates targets armor by 65% which is almost 3 times less protection

so yeah think about it

i m not sure if wisper works with physical spells but if it does there isnt reason to get cleaver

Geminex

04-09-2013

Cleaver gives 10 more damage, 200 more HP and 10% cooldown reduction over last whisper. Also has flat penetration. On enemies with less than 100 armor, cleaver will actually give you better penetration due to said flat penetration. You can make the argument that you still have to apply cleaver stacks, but given that it applies on every instance of physical damage, that's hardly difficult, especially if you have physical on-hit effects (such as botrk).

And, above all that, cleaver's shred also helps your allies. Sometimes the best items are the ones that help your team. I wouldn't get cleaver on most carries (though MF is one prime example for whom cleaver is ideal, due to her ult), but if you're playing a bruiser or tanky champ, cleaver is a wonderful item to give you a whole mix of stats, and support your carry.

Godstuffs

04-09-2013

The only reason why i use BC is on Twitch, u use the ulti and shred 25% of the whole enemy's teams armor.
I also think that Last Whisper is a much better buy on most champs, BC only good on initiator champs that do AOE physical damage such as wukongs ulti.