Is it racist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

04-08-2013

Hey guys I'm helping a friend with a psych paper and I'd like it if you could Answer the following. Yes or No only please. (Please where possible go with your first instincts and answers. Don't go back and change them upon deeper consideration. Or if you do mention it in the comments)

Is it racist to say;
African Americans are faster runners than Caucasian.

African Americans according to crime statistics are 6 times more likely to spend time in jail.

African Americans according to crime statistics are 3 times more likely to car Jack you.

African American males have slightly larger peenises than Caucasian males.

African Americans have thicker skulls than Caucasians.

I don't want to park my car in that African American neighborhood because it's more likely to get stolen.

Is there a difference between saying something negative about a race or group and being racist?

Light LaserTower

04-08-2013

This should be good.

SkeithGotBanned

04-08-2013

If it's true it's not racist.

Jesus thy Lord

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongletto View Post
Is it racist to say;
African Americans are faster runners than Caucasian.

African Americans according to crime statistics are 6 times more likely to spend time in jail.

African Americans according to crime statistics are 3 times more likely to car Jack you.

African American males have slightly larger peenises than Caucasian males.

African Americans have thicker skulls than Caucasians.
These are all objectively true and thus cannot be racist.

Quote:
I don't want to park my car in that African American neighborhood because it's more likely to get stolen.
Could be racist, it is not specified if it is a "bad neighborhood" only a black one.

Quote:
Is there a difference between saying something negative about a race or group and being racist?
Yes Lol.

PC brigade = Homotardsexualnards

Fongletto

04-08-2013

Come on guys, if you're going to comment at least answer

Jesus thy Lord

04-08-2013

Quote:
Come on guys, if you're going to comment at least answer
You must be new here.

GG'd SON

HetairoiAthenas

04-08-2013

African Americans are faster runners than Caucasian.--yes

African Americans according to crime statistics are 6 times more likely to spend time in jail.--no

African Americans according to crime statistics are 3 times more likely to car Jack you.--no

African American males have slightly larger peenises than Caucasian males.--no

African Americans have thicker skulls than Caucasians.--depends what is this supposed to mean?

I don't want to park my car in that African American neighborhood because it's more likely to get stolen.--no

Is there a difference between saying something negative about a race or group and being racist?--yes

Fongletto

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetairoiAthenas View Post
African Americans have thicker skulls than Caucasians.--depends what is this supposed to mean?
It doesn't mean anything. These are all just medical and statical facts that are centered around controversial topics.

I could ask "Is it racist to say that African Americans have on average 4% wider hips than Caucasians?" but the answer would always be the same as people have no emotional investment in it.

HetairoiAthenas

04-08-2013

Quote:
It doesn't mean anything. These are all just medical and statical facts that are centered around controversial topics.

I could ask "Is it racist to say that African Americans have on average 4% wider hips than Caucasians?" but the answer would always be the same as people have no emotional investment in it.
you are either wilfully stupid and/or ignorant or do you really not know the connotation that having a thick skull means beyond being a medical comparative statement?

Light LaserTower

04-08-2013

I hope you weren't planning on coming here and getting people angry.. You will need some practice, may I suggest starting on an easier board? Perhaps GD and go on about how somthing is viable that isn't or vis versa you should see your desired response. Remeber the key is to be passionate about what you are talking about and you have to make it look like you really do believe what you are talking about.