Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crystal Shards: Low cost build options

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JanusofZeal

Recruiter

04-08-2013

I hate going back to base and buying a few items and having a really annoyingly odd amount of gold left. Wouldn't it be cool and helpful if when you went back, you could get fractions of some items?
I don't think they should be as cost effective, seeing as you're paying extra gold, and since the math turned out really pretty, ~97% effective relative to the crystals seemed about fair. Since they're low cost, I think it'd be cool if they stacked up to form the real crystals. 3 seems fair, since then you'd have to save up a little more to finish it, but 4 would also work mathematically.

tldr: Here are my custom items

Ruby Shard
100 gp
+35 hp
stacks up to 3
3 ruby shard + 175 gp -> Ruby Crystal

Sapphire Shard
75 gp
+35 mp
stacks up to 3
3 Sapphire Shard + 175 -> Sapphire Crystal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceHound

Recruiter

04-08-2013

It seems pretty un-needed and on top of this it will cause high tier items to have exetremely sloppy build setups(e.x RoA, banshee, frozen heart etc.)