Dark Secrets are hidden within Champion Jokes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

I realised this when I was remembering Diana's joke:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana
"Knock, knock. Who's there? The moon... it's far away. You were alone the whole time."
The "moon", something Diana worships and reveres in this case symbolises Leona; someone forever far away and unattainable to her. Diana's solitude still haunts her, but her chosen path of Moon worship means Leona and her can never be together.

But there are more examples!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain
"If we approach strategically from the flank... Oh who am I kidding, let's just morph and eat them."
Swain's joke shows his fear of losing his relevance on a field where grand strategy is less important than raw power, due to the League's massive political dominance. He jokes about it, but he's not getting any younger, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce
"Did I scare you?"
For those who don't know; Jayce prepares to fire his cannon, but shoots out confetti instead. This shows his burgeoning PTSD; he's been involved in two suprise attacks in short order, both attack and defending. He's trying to prepare his friends and collegues to be prepared for more; CONSTANT VILIGANCE.

What else can we dig up?

(Lore forums so serious atm that I thought I would make a more humourous thread)

Birdy51

04-08-2013

I think that Rammus' lack of a joke clearly underlies severe trauma, perhaps caused by the crushing loneliness of being the only sentinent armodillo in Runeterra... Poor Rammus...

On the flip side of the coin though, I think you may be right. Serious conversations are abounding these days!

Borkcire

04-08-2013

Garen is plagued by prostate problems.

Melancholy Exile

04-08-2013

• Diana's second joke was inspired by her memories of the Solari burning three outsiders at the stake for opposing their views.
  • Sejuani's boar, Bristle, is an undiagnosed narcoleptic and actually has no real control over his sleep cycles.
  • Given that he's held captive by the Institute, Renekton's joke "What? Do I have someone in my teeth?" raises a few questions about just what they feed him.

(It's a little ironic that a "more humorous" thread revolves around joking about how the Champions are all psychological messes, isn't it?)

Naked Malzahar

04-08-2013

Malzahar's joke shows his psychological trauma inflicted by the Void. His burp symbolises all the relief he felt when embracing the Void, although the relief was secluded in a bottle of pain and fear for the future of Runeterra. When he says that a voidling just came out, he metaphorically shows his mouth as a portal to the Void, and a small voidling shows all the dangers of this interplanar threat.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

I have horrendous dental hygiene habits, and having all these teeth with no toothbrush is actually the source of my anger issues.

armonistan

04-08-2013

"I knew I should have sprung for that blade warranty!"

Here Riven displays how she is drowning in sorrow and regret. Her own action of breaking her sword now haunts her. What is broken will follow for the rest of her downtrodden life.

Fate000

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvana
What do you get when a dragon sneezes? Out of the way
She remembers how dangerous dragons really are, and how much they hunted her down for being a halfblood...