So Nautilus ..........

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samuel L Jaxx

04-07-2013

What was the black **** that swallowed him up in the ocean?

It was occupying a whole section of it.

I almost want to say it is Void or maybe Shadow Isles related (Note Thresh has a special interaction with Nautilus when he uses Death Sentence). Would be nice if we had another champ tied to it.

OriginalA

04-07-2013

If you are referring to the "Hook, Line, and Sinker" hidden line with Death Sentence then you are wrong about it being special to Nautilus. He will say that while Death Sentencing Fizz as well. Not sure if he will say it with Nami.

Anyways, I think the black inky stuff that swallowed him is the abyssal terror that took away Fizz's people and is threatening Nami's people.

Samuel L Jaxx

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalA View Post
If you are referring to the "Hook, Line, and Sinker" hidden line with Death Sentence then you are wrong about it being special to Nautilus. He will say that while Death Sentencing Fizz as well. Not sure if he will say it with Nami.

Anyways, I think the black inky stuff that swallowed him is the abyssal terror that took away Fizz's people and is threatening Nami's people.

HOWEVER Lore never says what happened to Fizz people, they just literally POOFED. Gone. It mention's Nami's people using the moonstone to ward off "Abyssal terrors" but doesnt further hint on exactly what they are talking about.

Soooo maybe.

OriginalA

04-08-2013

Oh, I'm very much aware that it is more wishful thinking than anything else.

I just think that Nami's people are being threatened by something, and something happened to Fizz's people. The only thing that we know that operates on the scale that do that to Fizz's people, that is in that area, is what is threatening Nami's people. And that is barely a connection if at all. I just think it would be neat if true. I should have made it more clear that it was more conjecture rather than established fact between the thing that Nami's people are fighting and any connection with Fizz's people's disappearance.

Borkcire

04-08-2013

Current lead theory is that the darkness is a strain/the main source of the Corruption that Varus used to guard.

Hussarlance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Havent thought about that connection. However it makes sense. Whatever happened to Fizz's people might be the same thing happening to Nami's. A Nautilus connection seems logical in this case, maybe even Varus.

Levik

04-08-2013

Isn't the ice that Lissandra wants to cover the world with also black? Connection maybe?

MasqureMan

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel L Jaxx View Post
What was the black **** that swallowed him up in the ocean?

It was occupying a whole section of it.

I almost want to say it is Void or maybe Shadow Isles related (Note Thresh has a special interaction with Nautilus when he uses Death Sentence). Would be nice if we had another champ tied to it.
It's definitely not the Void. Fizz, Nami, and Naut's lore all suggest there is some evil in the depths somewhere capable of destruction or corruption. It's implied to have taken Fizz's people, it's implied to be what Nami's trying to prevent. We don't really know why this evil would corrupt Naut instead of killing him as he was just some guy, which may suggest there isn't much sentience and thought to this force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levik View Post
Isn't the ice that Lissandra wants to cover the world with also black? Connection maybe?
I don't think that's possible, Lissandra wants to bring the Frozen Watchers back to end the world and that doesn't really match up with what we've seen of things happening in the deep.

Kersplakastani

04-08-2013

It kind of reminds me of the "villain" in Dean Koontz's book Phantoms. I dunno if anyone else here has read it but it reminds me of it. I recommend the book by the way. But not the movie... oh god the movie was terrible.

powwder

04-09-2013

have you seen pirates of dark water? mystery solved