1v1 / 2v2 Official Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Magic Stick

04-07-2013

Hello summoners! My name is The Magic Stick, and here are my guides for 1v1 and 2v2 games!

1v1 Guide:

The main objective of the game is to reach 3 kills, or destroy the enemy's inhibitor. This is properly played on The Proving Grounds, or The Howling Abyss (The rework of PG soon to come).

Now, let's talk about champion picks. The main part of picking a champion is that you have to excel at said champion before trying him in 1v1. The reason being is that in 1v1, you must have the skill requirement and knowledge in how to face different champions. I'd reccomend around 5 normal matches. The main base of champion picks is based off of versatility, or the ability to sway in play-style.

Good versatility picks:
Akali
Lee Sin
Kayle
Diana
Jayce
Rengar
Kha'Zix
Master Yi
Maokai
Jarvan
Nunu
Pantheon
Nidalee

Advanced Playstyle Picks:
Yorick
Malzahar
Miss Fortune
Graves
Rammus
Tryndamere
Zed
Vayne
Sion
Rumble
Ryze
Gragas
Fizz

There are some requirements for champions to be viable in 1v1. This certain champion must have the following, or things that make up for it.
1. High mobility/stun
2. Wave Clear
3. Short ranged advantages
4. Medium/Long ranged poke spells

Strategies:

Depending on your champion pick, you can play some of the main strategies in 1v1.
1. Passive until engagement - What this means is that you can sit back and farm, but when they engage on you, they lose out on creep score and you have the edge if you win the trade. Against champions with skillshot poke, try to stay in the minion wave.

2. Agressive Placement - This strategy is one of my own creation that has led me to some of the most fun 1v1s I have ever done. This strategy in essence, is to deny the other character from as much cs as possible. Try to stay agressive, but keep last hitting all the creeps. When you see an opening, you can engage on them and catch them out of position. A good strategy with champions that can auto attack with ranged, is that you can sit in the bush, come out to kill creeps, and go back in. Eventually, the enemy must engage on you to put off damage, and when the enemy goes in to poke you, you engage.

3. Poke Heavy - The title explains most of the strategy. Basically, you sit behind your wave and poke the enemy with spells/autos to get them low. Try to time your engagements according to the enemy's health relics. The health relics spawn to start at 3:10, and spawn every 40 seconds. Be wary of this when you poke your enemy. When they go back to gather both the relics, push up the wave, and deny them some xp.

2v2 Guide:

The main objective of 2v2 is the first team to reach 3 aces, 10 kills, or killing the enemy nexus. This is properly played on the Proving Grounds(Howling Abyss). Let's talk about player synchronization. You should be able to cooperate with your teammate well in order to win. A good attitude towards a teammate, no matter how bad they are doing, will positively affect them. So, let's get to the meta of 2v2. There are a few options that are pretty viable in my opinion.

Support
High damage bruiser

Support
AD Carry

AD Carry
High utility bruiser

AP Burst
Tank Bruiser

Bruiser
Bruiser

High utility AP carry
AD Carry

This means that there are much more options of gameplay, and many more advanced strategies like Nunu-Sion, Jayce-Janna, or Jarvan IV-Blitzcrank. 2v2 matches tend to deviate within strategy, and there are nearly endless ways of playing match-ups.

Reccomended Summoner Spell combinations:

Double Barrier
Double Heal
Exhaust Ignite
Cleanse Heal
Double Ignite

Restoration Relic Usage:

The main concern and misstep that some 2v2 teams make is that each person wants the health relic first. In all honesty, this must be decided with your communication with your teammate. If you feel that the other person deserves it more, give it to them. And even if you don't, you should still consider giving them the small advantage. It's up every 40 seconds, so it could most definitely be a game-changer if the wrong person gets it in an engagement.

Tower Diving:

You must make sure your teammate is ready to dive with you, to put off the most damage possible. It's just bad reasoning that makes people fail towerdiving. If the opponent has some way of making you not do damage to them under tower. Some main examples are; Flash, Barrier, Supresses, Stuns, Slows, Silences, etc.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this helped you! Feel free to add me on League if you have any questions. Have fun on the Proving Grounds!

The Magic Stick

04-09-2013

Bump

Pirateelfdog

04-10-2013

This is impressive... Very nicely done!

The Magic Stick

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateelfdog View Post
This is impressive... Very nicely done!

Youniverse

04-18-2013

On a somewhat relatable topic, there was talks about there being a 1v1/2v2 map. Looks pretty cool and if there's enough interest in it, it could probably be a real thing.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04...d-2v2-map.html

The Magic Stick

04-26-2013

Bump

Xnipe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Magma Chamber 10v10 Map!

xKurayami

04-27-2013

Nice. Any reason why Cho'Gath isn't on either list?

The Magic Stick

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKurayami View Post
Nice. Any reason why Cho'Gath isn't on either list?
Cho's kit involves a lot of dodgeable skillshots, and lots of single target damage. It's easy to play against if you dodge the abilities.

Porofo

04-27-2013

Cho gath OP gath xD