Japan server inc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pangurassu

04-07-2013

Dear folks (and Riot)

So I just moved to Japan for about a year, and while my internet connection actually outclasses my one back in the states, I've got a noticeable bit of input lag when I play league (the pacific is sort of largeish, after all). And unfortunately, this locks me out of a lot of champs I normally love to play. A quarter-second lag on input ain't a huge deal on, say, Nunu, but it makes Anivia other twitchy/skillshot champs nearly unplayable. So now I can't play ARAM (one of my favorite modes) because randoming a skillshot champ with my connection makes the game a 4v5. Clearly, I need to be looking a little closer to home vis a vis servers.

I guess I could roll a new account on the Chinese or Korean servers, but I don't speak those languages. So I've gotta know: are these rumors of a Japan server (as well as an Aussie one) actual? It's the difference between me biting the bullet and rolling an account on a server where I'll be illiterate, or just being patient and going back to my annual Chrono Trigger playthrough for now.

XOXOXO,
Pangurassu

TacticalJR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

There are rumors

0xiDIzE

04-07-2013

Oh god, you mentioned Japan.

cottonycloud

04-07-2013

I believe that it would be more expensive to set a server up there. It's a bit unlikely for Japan though.

RanmanReloaded

04-07-2013

Play on the Korean server. There's a way to convert the KOrean text to English and everything.

Funkdamental

04-07-2013

I don't really think Japan has a huge league of legends community over there sadly . They're more into offline/playalone games unlike Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.

Trolosaurus

04-07-2013

I don't think Japan really likes League of Legends that much.

SwiftSwrd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

I'm gonna be spending ~4mo in Japan come next year, I've got a similar concern.

Notalent

04-07-2013

Supposedly a Japanese server is coming, although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually located in Japan. Eastern Russia or perhaps the Marianas Islands would probably be cheaper for Riot.

Notalent

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Backstab Shaco View Post
I don't really think Japan has a huge league of legends community over there sadly . They're more into offline/playalone games unlike Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.
Monster Hunter is actually pretty huge, as is Final Fantasy online. Its more just that Japan doesn't have a huge amount of pc gamers, since pc gaming has always met something of a social taboo in Japan by compare to the West and Korea.