Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lissandra's Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatalArchon

04-07-2013

Im just wondering why roa and rylais are not recommended as she does have to get pretty close to enemies and without health she just melts (haha)

So yah has anyone found better builds for her without these and would care to explain why these are inferior to other items to get on her?

(I can see why not getting rylais since all her stuff is aoe and she already has alot of cc but extra slow couldnt hurt)

Ulevo

04-07-2013

The problem with Rylais is due to the way multiple slows stack on top of each other. If you apply a slow on top of a slow, the secondary slow is reduced to 35% of its additional value. So to give you an idea of how useless this is on Lissandra, her Q applies a 20% slow on its own. It has a blow back affect, so I'm going to assume it procs the tier 2 class slow of Rylais, which is only 15%. 35% of a 15% slow is 5.25%. So Your Q slow goes from 20% to 25.25%. That is not worth it at all for the gold you're spending to get the item.

As for RoA, there's just better options. Liandry's synergizes really well with her, as does Zhonya's Hourglass. I would argue Deathfire Grasp is more useful overall than her other AP Burst options because of the desperately needed CDR it gives, and the extra damage it will allow her other ability to do. For boots, the obvious choice is either Lucidity Boots or Sorc Shoes, but you could go with some resist boots too. The last two are filler, depending on what is going on.

Bombkirby

04-07-2013

Quote:
Ulevo:
The problem with Rylais is due to the way multiple slows stack on top of each other. If you apply a slow on top of a slow, the secondary slow is reduced to 35% of its additional value. So to give you an idea of how useless this is on Lissandra, her Q applies a 20% slow on its own. It has a blow back affect, so I'm going to assume it procs the tier 2 class slow of Rylais, which is only 15%. 35% of a 15% slow is 5.25%. So Your Q slow goes from 20% to 25.25%. That is not worth it at all for the gold you're spending to get the item.

As for RoA, there's just better options. Liandry's synergizes really well with her, as does Zhonya's Hourglass. I would argue Deathfire Grasp is more useful overall than her other AP Burst options because of the desperately needed CDR it gives, and the extra damage it will allow her other ability to do. For boots, the obvious choice is either Lucidity Boots or Sorc Shoes, but you could go with some resist boots too. The last two are filler, depending on what is going on.

She needs health from somewhere, and mana sustain. So its either RoA or archangels. But since you miss out on Rylai's, you only have one big HP option, RoA. There's no reason to not get it. And you'll have more than enough room for the other options.

PerformingCircus

04-08-2013

I've been building her this way so far, typically in order of importance.

Sorcerer's Shoes
Athene's Unholy Grail (20% CDR, Mana Regen, AP, Magic Resist)
Zhonya's Hourglass (Defense, Active, AP)
Liandry's Torment (AP, Health, Burn Effect)
Iceborn Gaunlet (AP, Defense, 10% CDR, Mana, Spellblade, Autoattack AoE slow)
Will of the Ancients (20%Spell Vamp, AP)

All together, this build gives her pretty good stats imo.

KesslerCOIL

04-08-2013

Athene's is a must since she is very very mana hungry and needs to have her abilities as available as possible.
Liandry's works very well for her since almost all of her abilities apply a slow or snare.
RoA seems like a good pick as well. Combined with Athenes, it solves her mana problems and also makes her rather tanky, which is needed due to her short range.
Abyssal Scepter works rather well on her aswell, she is very short range so her spells will benefit from the MR reduction.

Kraddark13

04-08-2013

I'm assuming you guys are just talking about her build in order to get an idea of what you want to build on her once she's re-enabled? Unless I'm totally missing something or bugging with my PBE client cause she's not available to purchase or play on mine.

PerformingCircus

04-08-2013

Quote:
Kraddark13:
I'm assuming you guys are just talking about her build in order to get an idea of what you want to build on her once she's re-enabled? Unless I'm totally missing something or bugging with my PBE client cause she's not available to purchase or play on mine.

No, she was playable for a couple days, then they took her down to test out a patch they're making for live before she's released.

And I'm not sure why someone rated down my build. If you don't like it, tell me why?

Semantic Memory

Recruiter

04-08-2013

Only played her a couple of times myself, but here is how I'd be currently inclined to build her:

Start Boots + 3 pots (or whatever - doesn't matter...)
Build Doran's Ring x1 or x2 depending on how laning is going for mana regen (and some health)
Build towards Haunting Guise OR Abyssal (NEGATRON) OR Zhonya's depending on your matchup. I'd most likely in a neutral matchup for go completing Guise/Sorcs and then straight toward's Zhonya's
After some combination of those, eventually look into Deathcap if the game is still going.

PerfidiousAlbion

04-08-2013

RoA or Athene's, Liandry's, Abyssal, Zhonya's, Sorc's.

Either of RoAs or Athene's will work well but the others seem like locked in choices to me, providing a much needed combination of damage and durability.

Best Youmu NA

04-08-2013

I'd go RoA if I wasn't building Zhonya's.