A Rroblem With Sejuani's Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozuar

04-07-2013

This should probably get fixed before her rework, because the rework was supposed to make Sejuani more accurately fit the idea of her riding on a boar.

BRISTLE IS NEVER MENTIONED IN ANY PART OF HER LORE

Why is this? He is an integral part to her gameplay, and he has no mention whatsoever in her backstory. The in-game lines show a close bond between Bristle and Sej, but there is no apparent reason for this other than that they are battle partners. Which brings me to another point: Why are they partners? It seems to be a mutual agreement, not a horse and knight deal where the horse just fights because it isn't intelligent enough not to. Their bond seems more like that of Wilump and Nunu. I understand that here lore is interesting as is, but this is sort of a giant plot point. I hope a red reads this.

YES I KNOW THE TITLE IS A TYPO

ThorRush

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Armored with absolute faith in her destiny, Sejuani pushed herself to extremes that would have killed anyone without her will to endure. She walked into blizzards without food or furs and trained while frigid winds raked her flesh. She clashed with the strongest warriors of her tribe, one after another, until her legs gave out beneath her. When she assumed leadership of her tribe, Sejuani commanded her warriors to follow her example. Under her rule, the tribe grew stronger than they had ever been.
Maybe Bristle showed up when Sejuani pushed herself too hard one time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qoqokEVH0

Apparently Thresh gets two souls from Nunu and Willump, but only one soul from Sejuani, though.

Morec0

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRush View Post
Maybe Bristle showed up when Sejuani pushed herself too hard one time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qoqokEVH0

Apparently Thresh gets two souls from Nunu and Willump, but only one soul from Sejuani, though.
That's 'cause Sej is a ginger.

CabecoteNA

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morec0 View Post
that's 'cause sej is a ginger.
lol

Vongeo

04-08-2013

bumps

Melancholy Exile

04-08-2013

I've always co-opted the background of Boris Ursus from Warhammer Fantasy to handle this:

Sejuani set off alone into the wastes of Freljord on a personal quest to hunt a great boar, as a final test decreed by her tribe's seers, and eventually came across one who was larger than any she had seen before. They fought for hours and eventually the blood spilled drew wolves to the clearing. The wolves first targeted the boar, but Sejuani lept to its aid and fought them off, being badly wounded herself in the process. Over the next few hours she drifted in and out of conciousness but found the boar standing guard over her every time, keeping the remainder of the pack at bay with its great tusks. Eventually a search party from the Winter's Claw arrived and the boar allowed them to tend to her wounds. Bristle returned with her to their encampment and the pair never left each others' side from that day on.

It works for me at least.

Ozuar

04-29-2013

Why did this thread get forgotten? This is why I hate that Riot tells us to put our ideas here. They aren't dedicated enough to examining the forums based on idea rather than on views.

Morec0

04-29-2013

Indeed! Kiate! Ironstylus! I summon one of you to give us some sort of answer!