Magic Resist.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeromus Knight

04-07-2013

Do you think there are enough Magic Resist items for tanks? I just don't find many of them appealing, or when they are, they don't feel like they give enough MR.

What spurred this was that I played Malphite, and ended up going against an entire AP team and couldn't do much about it but ult, let out as much cc as I could and try let my team clean up the rock shards I left behind.

Ueda85

Recruiter

04-07-2013

Totally agree I find that with the removal of FoN that some tanks that I don't want BV on the only Sita le replacement is warmogs I would love to see negation cloak upgradable to a needlessly large negation cloak ~ say +100 mr

Tyrnas

04-07-2013

Malphite has surprisingly good AP ratios. So much so that I consider sunfire cape and abyssal scepter core on him. An early Kage's is also very effective, and Twin Shadows benefits just about any tank/support that can make use of the AP in any fashion.

Short answer: Twin Shadows/Abyssal/Sunfire would have been an effective and cost efficient amount of MR and health to counter a strong AP team as Malphite.

Ueda85

Recruiter

04-07-2013

Agreed with abyssal and that's why most tanks are ap what if you want to go pure tank on an ad? But you wany mr and don't want BV? Currently he best option is warmogs, sunfire

Will Oak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrnas View Post
Malphite has surprisingly good AP ratios. So much so that I consider sunfire cape and abyssal scepter core on him. An early Kage's is also very effective, and Twin Shadows benefits just about any tank/support that can make use of the AP in any fashion.

Short answer: Twin Shadows/Abyssal/Sunfire would have been an effective and cost efficient amount of MR and health to counter a strong AP team as Malphite.
Ad armor if they have an adc.

All rounded defenses and damage

FreeGothitelle

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda85 View Post
Agreed with abyssal and that's why most tanks are ap what if you want to go pure tank on an ad? But you wany mr and don't want BV? Currently he best option is warmogs, sunfire
Bulwark, merc treads, maw of malmortius, wits end, spirit visage.
None of them give AP.

Zeromus Knight

04-07-2013

Wit's End is something i'd build for on hit builds but it doesn't provide much for a tank.

Tyrnas

04-07-2013

Quote:
For an AD oriented tank that desperately wants MR, the answer is always Runic Bulwark, and to beg your support to double up on it if they have that much AP. After that, Spirit Visage is a great option on anyone that can make any use of the passive, and debatable even if they can't. If we're talking a need for MR NOW, health/cdr/and a big chunk of MR for cheap is not something to pass up lightly, passive or no.

Aside from that, wits end and hexdrinker are both viable on multiple champions, though they aren't pure tank.

And Locket is a shield with health and health regen. No MR, true, but still helpful.

Ueda85

Recruiter

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGothitelle View Post
Bulwark, merc treads, maw of malmortius, wits end, spirit visage.
None of them give AP.
Merc treads is great and always has been and Bulwark is great on tanks but sadly it's aura is better suited for supports or tanks that are pure peel for carries. Maw & wits end are bruiser items I want something that gives more mr for a tank. So currently we could build merc treads into warmogs then sunfire still best option to counter ap. of course there is Galio but I would like an item that is pure mr for a tank.

Tyrnas

04-07-2013

Quote:
Merc treads is great and always has been and Bulwark is great on tanks but sadly it's aura is better suited for supports or tanks that are pure peel for carries. Maw & wits end are bruiser items I want something that gives more mr for a tank. So currently we could build merc treads into warmogs then sunfire still best option to counter ap. of course there is Galio but I would like an item that is pure mr for a tank.
Bulwark is often considered the strongest item in the game. And if we're talking pure tanks here and not bruisers, what role to you envision them having other than soaking all the attention and peeling for their carries? I'd much rather have Aegis and a giants belt than Warmogs. Flexibility in your build is preferable imo, Warmogs locks you into Warmogs.