(Factions) April 13-14: Shoutcasted Featured Matches with Riot Taco Storm and Company

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Thanks to all the shoutcasters, players, and others who made this possible. Really fun weekend of games.

And of course, thanks again to Riot Taco Storm, Riot Baconhawk, Riot Pibjub, and Riot Des for playing with us! This weekend's games was intended as a thank you to them for their support, and I hope they had fun.

SELECTED RECORDINGS
I will post VODs as they come in.

DAY ONE
Ionia v. Piltover
Click Here for YouTube Vid
Casting by Paddo and the H31P
CupcakeTrap comment: This is one of the best matches of the weekend, IMO. And it features both Riot Taco Storm and Riot Baconhawk. I also very much enjoyed the hilarious commentary by The H31P and his banter with Paddo.

Noxus v. Demacia
Casting by ateatree, Paddo, and the H31P

Piltover v. Demacia
Casting by ateatree, Paddo, and the H31P

DAY TWO
Final Match: ??? versus the Freljord
http://www.twitch.tv/ateatree/c/2157218
Casting by ateatree
CupcakeTrap comment: Another excellent match.

GENERAL FACTIONS LINKS
Here's some info on Factions and some handy links.

Current Faction Standings
A live copy of the scoreboard. Updates as matches happen: both big Featured Matches like these and the regular games people play every day contribute to these standings. Thanks to Mysterio, Sparkly, and others for help with inputting match data regularly.

Factions is a community-powered game mode. Over 2000 Summoners have joined the Mirrorwater competition, and over 400 matches have been fought.

Sign-Up Information Thread
Basic info on Factions and how to sign up. Signing up doesn't obligate you to play. It just lets you drop in on games, which are mostly organized through the "Factions" in-game chat room.

www.leaguefactions.net
Basic website with all the important links and info.

Tier-Sorted Summoner List
A list of signed-up Summoners, sorted by Tier and faction. Intended to help captains locate team members.

Match schedule follows.

SATURDAY APRIL 13
Ionia versus Piltover
3 PM Pacific || 4 PM Mountain || 5 PM Central || 6 PM Eastern
Captains (Ionia): Eia
Captains (Piltover): Mr Schtiffles, Deathnoob
Streamers/Casters: Paddo, Woooo, The H31P

Demacia versus Noxus
4 PM Pacific || 5 PM Mountain || 6 PM Central || 7 PM Eastern
Captains (Demacia): Grimoire, Fapotu
Captains (Noxus): xSeth
Streamers/Casters: ATeaTree, Paddo, The H31P

Piltover versus Demacia
5 PM Pacific || 6 PM Mountain || 7 PM Central || 8 PM Eastern
Captains (Demacia): Fapotu
Streamers/Casters: ATeaTree, Paddo

SUNDAY APRIL 14
Ionia versus Demacia
3 PM Pacific || 4 PM Mountain || 5 PM Central || 6 PM Eastern
Captains (Ionia): Eia
Captains (Demacia): Fapotu
Streamers/Casters: Magister Gir and Rammasaur

Noxus versus Piltover
4 PM Pacific || 5 PM Mountain || 6 PM Central || 7 PM Eastern
Streamers/Casters: Elyks and Magister Gir

Ionia versus Noxus
5 PM Pacific || 6 PM Mountain || 7 PM Central || 8 PM Eastern
Captains (Ionia): Eia, SodaGod
Streamers/Casters: Elyks and Magister Gir

TIEBREAKER: ??? versus ???
Casting by: Elyks and Magister Gir

The winner of these six (EDIT: … 7) matches will then face the new challenger: the Fifth Faction, which will be determined by community-wide poll.
UPDATE: The new challenger is Freljord! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3321994

??? versus the Freljord
7 PM Pacific || 8 PM Mountain || 9 PM Central || 10 PM Eastern
Captains (Freljord): Celtic Jack
Captains (Ionia): Lowpack
Streamers/Casters: ateatree

RULES AND OTHER DETAILS
Matches will each have a base value of 20 points: four times the normal Summoner's Rift value.

I will appoint team captains for each match. These will be high-tier players, usually ones who are experienced with Factions. They will have the responsibility of building and leading a team.

Team captains have primary authority for assembling their teams. I reserve the right to make changes, e.g. in case people don't show and it becomes necessary to just fill the roster immediately. If Rioters are joining in, and those Rioters are not as high up Tier-wise as other players in the match, I may require an adjustment. (e.g. if a Silver Rioter joins, I might ask the opposing team to add a Silver player to match.)

Lobbies will be created about 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.

Games will start no earlier than the posted time. It is likely that they'll all end up being pushed forward a bit.

Attachment 657820
Art courtesy of TorCarryGuy. Visit Tor's Factions blog at: http://lolfactions.blogspot.com/

In the Factions system, Summoners declare for a faction and fight matches using faction-specific Champion rosters. Currently, over 2000 Summoners have joined the Mirrorwater competition, and over 400 matches have been fought.

Most matches are "pick-up" games: anyone can start a match anytime, and need only submit the screenshot to me for scoring. But I also like to run some scheduled Featured Matches, where each faction is encouraged to bring its very best Summoners and strategies for shoutcasted matches worth several times the point value of an ordinary match.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Snicklfrits

04-07-2013

Spoiler:

The Fifth Faction is Freljord

:3

SopiKz

04-07-2013

I hope to play for Noxus on Saturday!

Numot

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicklfrits View Post
Spoiler:

The Fifth Faction is Freljord

:3
If Freljord gets in then I will be jumping into Factions playing for Freljord, love those champs. Feel bad for all the other factions if Freljord gets in, we get all the good tanks and the best slows.

CupcakeTrap

04-07-2013

I am so stoked.

The first weekend of featured matches was fun, but I dropped the ball in a few places due to lack of experience. I think this is going to go much more smoothly.

VerdantDargon

04-07-2013

Can we put Renekton into Discord? Is their any reason he isn't in a faction that is the opposite of Nasus'?

trismegistre

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadarac152 View Post
Can we put Renekton into Discord? Is their any reason he isn't in a faction that is the opposite of Nasus'?
While I personally agree with you thematically, the current rosters do make sense.

Discord is about dark magic and the void, and while Renekton is, in terms of D&D, Chaotic Evil, he does not really use dark magic or void magic to get his butchering done.

If the rosters were "good" and "evil", that would work. However, for sake of Factions, it does not.

Renegade Paladin

04-07-2013

I'd love to play for Demacia, but I'm hardly one of our best summoners. I'll be sure to be around to watch, though.

CupcakeTrap

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Clean Garen View Post
I'd love to play for Demacia, but I'm hardly one of our best summoners. I'll be sure to be around to watch, though.
Many prefer the Old, Dirty Garen, or so I've heard. But I played some games with you and you are a TRUE DEMACIAN.

I'm in the same boat: you definitely do not want me representing Demacia in one of these matches. But I'll be cheering Demacia on, for sure.

12345 ... 10