Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE - Server attitude?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smited Your Mom

04-07-2013

Some players on the PBE have an attitude that "Lol, it's PBE" when you tell them you're going to report them.

Here's an example -

One game there was a Sion, he wanted to run bottom lane when it was called, so the other three players (Diana, Lulu and Vi.) had told him to choose another lane, he said "No, I bot. "

afterwards, Vi said "If you go bottom, we're gonna report you."

He said "lol its pbe".

I said "Just because it's the PBE doesn't mean you can go against the code, if a lane is called, it's called, unless that player wants to change it."

After that, when we got into game, he ran bottom, so I went top lane instead (as Caitlyn...) and solo'd, he fed, and then yelled at me for not staying bottom lane, I muted him, and said I was reporting him - he said "lol its pbe" again.

That kind of attitude just is so widespread, I see it in probably every 1 in 10 games. I try to avoid talking to toxic players, and also try to help the team.

Is there anyway we can try to emphasize that we uphold a better code, so that we don't have to mess up our team composition because of a player who refuses to work with his team?

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

This is why I think we should somehow link PBE accounts to live server ones.

xSakana

04-07-2013

I've been experiencing horrible PvP. Ever since PG and HA were disabled, the ARAM armies join Summoners Rift. I've been losing every single game due to feeders.

Bombkirby

04-07-2013

My issue is that people get REALLY upset if we're not winning, and start shouting and calling each other noobs. We're there to test, not raise our ELO. Why is everyone so upset when we lose or if we're testing a weird build that could potentially have bugs in it.

ProletariatTruck

04-07-2013

Does reporting do anything on PBE? I report often for feeding and attitude and all that (stuff you'd normally report for on live servers) but I don't know if it actually does anything.

BoomOrTreat

Recruiter

04-07-2013

Quote:
ProletariatTruck:
Does reporting do anything on PBE? I report often for feeding and attitude and all that (stuff you'd normally report for on live servers) but I don't know if it actually does anything.

The reports go straight to Riot, so yeah, they're much more serious than tribunal. Just know that the toxics and trolls will soon be gone...

Komeiji Koishi

04-07-2013

Quote:
xSakana:
I've been experiencing horrible PvP. Ever since PG and HA were disabled, the ARAM armies join Summoners Rift. I've been losing every single game due to feeders.

People keep forgetting that losing games is irrelevant to testing bugs.

You don't have to win every game to test bugs.

Mr Mystical

04-08-2013

Agreed not all about winning on PBE however it's very hard to test when you are getting rolled due to troll feeders, AFK at base players and then the multitude of leavers. This weekend was awful in PBE -- the trolls and leavers were out of control. Players running around one on 5 and just giving kills up over and over again. It's like people come in and think PBE is where you can troll around and not have to play the game at all like you would in normal. Testing needs some formality of regular play if you are trying to created similar environment to normal games and see results.