My rendition of the lore for the new Trundle

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

Trundle – The Twice Cursed Troll
Generations ago, a twisted necromancer known as Hakolin the Bronecrafter attempted to enslave a tribe of trolls known as the Rughosk. These trolls are considerably more genteel than their ill-mannered brethren, although still uncouth by human standards. The Rughosk fought tooth and claw againt the necromancer, ultimately driving him from their land. As a parting gift, Hakolin afflicted the trolls with a leprous disease, forever cursing the tribe. Caught forever in a hideous rotting state, the Ruhgosk endured their curse while desperately in search for a cure. They never found one.

A wise Rohgosk shaman learned that he could magically bind the disease to a single troll. Provided that the troll could bear the weight of the entire tribes cure upon himself. There was no such troll, until the birth of Trundle. His ability to regenerate was so profound that it appeared as if he did not carry the disease. When he came of age, he took the curse from his tribe in a baptism of searing agony. Through the ritual, Trundle became a horrifying creature whose flash constantly sloughs off his body, only to be re-grown on an unremitting cycle.

In search for a cure for himself Trundle ventured north. Eventually he came across a tribe known as the Frostguard hearing stories of the victories over evil. Seeking guidance with their leader, Lissandra fixed the curse with a spell of her own by encasing Trundle with a new skin of ice. Unfortunately this came with a price. Returning home, Trundle un-intentionally released a new curse on to his tribe bringing everything into the village into a frozen state, including his brethren . In search of finding a cure for his tribe, Trundle takes his role as a Champion in the League of Legends.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

I saw a fair amount of people complaining so i made one to tie in the old Lore with the new skin. I hope you guys like it and if we can get enough people. we might be able to convince riot to use it instead of the troll king lore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiestaware

Member

04-07-2013

So your solution to this lore problem is to recreate the same exact lore, but this time with an ice curse instead of a leprous disease? You just recycled the story in on itself and in no capacity changed or progressed it forward. This is twenty different kinds of terrible. Don't feel too bad though, it's on equal footing with Riot's official lore change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyowyn

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaware View Post
So your solution to this lore problem is to recreate the same exact lore, but this time with an ice curse instead of a leprous disease? You just recycled the story in on itself and in no capacity changed or progressed it forward. This is twenty different kinds of terrible. Don't feel too bad though, it's on equal footing with Riot's official lore change.
This story attempts to connect the new lore with the old lore, and it makes sense that Lissandra's ice could numb the pain and discomfort of a skin condition much as ice does in real life. I think that this short and sweet little connection explains in a perfectly adequate fashion what we've all been thinking in our heads, and it is similar to the headcannon I'll be using for my story.

Thank you, Brodix, for articulating what we've been thinking. This is not by any means twenty kinds of terrible--I save that for stories that drag you along incomprehensible paths with unlikable characters and opaque plots.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyowyn View Post
This story attempts to connect the new lore with the old lore, and it makes sense that Lissandra's ice could numb the pain and discomfort of a skin condition much as ice does in real life. I think that this short and sweet little connection explains in a perfectly adequate fashion what we've all been thinking in our heads, and it is similar to the headcannon I'll be using for my story.

Thank you, Brodix, for articulating what we've been thinking. This is not by any means twenty kinds of terrible--I save that for stories that drag you along incomprehensible paths with unlikable characters and opaque plots.
Eyowyn do you work for Riot?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyowyn

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodrix View Post
Eyowyn do you work for Riot?
Nope. Why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

oh i was just wondering heh they way you typed it sounded like it could have came from them =P

oh yeah i wasn't by any chance trying to replace the lore i was just trying to make the new trundle a little more acceptable for the old trundle fans by giving him an update to the old instead of scrapping it to the junk pile


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyowyn

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodrix View Post
oh i was just wondering heh they way you typed it sounded like it could have came from them =P

oh yeah i wasn't by any chance trying to replace the lore i was just trying to make the new trundle a little more acceptable for the old trundle fans by giving him an update to the old instead of scrapping it to the junk pile
Lol no just trying to insert positivity to counter negativity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

Do you think this would be a better lore than the Troll King?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGdonteatme

Junior Member

04-07-2013

anyone have any input?


12