Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RIOT: Lissandra's Mana Regen - Not Enough?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiminishedAC

04-07-2013

Quote:
ZeroX1999:
I think that the passive is too slow to give the "free cast" towards end game. I understand that the cd for the passive must be 18 at the beginning, but the cd for the passive should be reduced every 6 , 11 , 16 levels or per level. It is kinda stupid for a mage to have such high costs of mana in the beginning without any range.

This seems to be an early-game/laning passive. I have yet to have need of it after laning ends. By the time mid-game comes around, I already have either Athene's Holy Grail or Archangel Staff, so I no longer have mana problems.

On any mage, I think increasing mana efficiency by increasing mana + mana regen is a MUST, whether it be first or partial before first full item.

Back to Lissandra; with her laning, I play her as I would, say, AD Carry Kog'Maw: sustained damage output and worry about doing damage ONLY, not thinking about securing kills until later. Both become very low mana (and just about useless) very fast if I try to spam my spells to get that kill. Using Orianna as an example: her early game damage with her Q>W>E combo is crazy and usually unexpected, so it's almost imperative to use her spells in succession. I almost always play aggressive with her. Plus, Lissandra's burst damage doesn't really come into play until at LEAST level 6.

**NOTE**
When I said not to worry about kills, I don't mean not try if the opportunity arrives, I just meant that I don't go out of my way to get them if it puts me in ANY danger early game.

Faptain Teemo

04-07-2013

Would you guys recommend getting nomicon on top of Grail, or sitting on 20% cdr and buying more ap/defense items?

ZeroX1999

04-07-2013

Quote:
Faptain Teemo:
Would you guys recommend getting nomicon on top of Grail, or sitting on 20% cdr and buying more ap/defense items?

I find that getting nomicon with grail practically gives infinite mana to Lissandra. The regen is so fast that spamming spells don't matter anymore.... but wasting a space for nomicon instead of something that gives health or defense is hard.

DiminishedAC

04-07-2013

Quote:
Faptain Teemo:

I've played a few games with her, and found that her CDR problems work themselves out at the end of mid to late game. However, Nomicon is a GREAT item if you snowball early as it gives you quite a bit of AP along with the CDR which is amazing early on. If you're not quite snowballing and need some AP, but still feel a need for more CDR, grab a Deathfire's Grasp. I don't always get this, because I don't always remember to use the active.

For her first "defensive" item, I recommend Abyssal Scepter. This is a great source for AP, MR, and helps to take down those pesky tanks that are starting to build MR against you. The great thing about this item is that if you get it as your 2nd or 3rd item, the magic resist is usually just enough to take the edge off of the enemy AP burster's combo, letting you either walk away or turn down the temp a bit, if you catch my drift

PerformingCircus

04-07-2013

Quote:
ZeroX1999:
I think that the passive is too slow to give the "free cast" towards end game. I understand that the cd for the passive must be 18 at the beginning, but the cd for the passive should be reduced every 6 , 11 , 16 levels or per level. It is kinda stupid for a mage to have such high costs of mana in the beginning without any range.

That's exactly what I feel.

AriesMajor

04-07-2013

easy solution, don't try to force proc your free spell....simple, it doesn't make any sense anyway to force proc it unless you're gonna 100-0 someone and need that extra spell to clean house. Get on her mana game more like Annie, less like karthus.

PerformingCircus

04-09-2013

Quote:
AriesMajor:
easy solution, don't try to force proc your free spell....simple, it doesn't make any sense anyway to force proc it unless you're gonna 100-0 someone and need that extra spell to clean house. Get on her mana game more like Annie, less like karthus.

I'm not saying to try to force proc your free spell. She still, regardless of the free spell, does not have great enough mana regen to keep up again other mids. If she's out of mana, she's gonna have to wait 18 seconds before she can do anything. Then another 18 seconds. Her regen rate is too slow for her early game to be effective in my opinion.

DeathsFist789

04-10-2013

I play AP mid a lot, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did not have any problems at all with mana when playing Lissandra. I agree with Kanderas on the idea that Lissandra's passive gives her great harass. You can use the free spells over time to get an opponent to maybe half health, and then unloeash your combo to kill them, You will be mana depleted (mostly), but your oppnent will be dead or dying, so you can safely push the turret or else go back to base.