Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FACT] Lissandra, New Champ Reworks, and Skins have been REVERTED.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanderas

04-06-2013

I have noticed that many people are confused about the status of the current patch and are filling the forum with multiple threads declaring such so I have taken the liberty to create a post here to address the issue.

So as the title says, this is a pleasant notification that the Freljord patch, including Lissandra, Sejuani and Trundle reworks, the ice themed skins, and the Howling Abyss have been REVERTED. Also:

• NO there is no mention as to why.
  • NO there is no mention as to when it will return, and
  • NO there is no mention of when it will be released on Live.

Consider this as close to an official announcement as you may get so please stop bringing up the non-issue because it pushes down threads that are actually valid, like the issue with Spirit of the Ancient golem which people also insist on bring up multiple times.

This might be a good time to pronounce a friendly reminder that titles like "Lissandra issue" or "Lissandra bug" are very unhelpful. These titles don't give absolutely any information about the -problem,- forcing everybody to read the thread whether they have anything to contribute or not, just so they can find out what the thread is talking about. The thread title should describe the problem with enough accuracy that people reading it can get a good handle on what exactly is wrong. A better example would be "Lissandra not in store" or "Patch content unavailable." If anyone is unsure how to properly post bug reports you may find an informative Red post here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2756076).

So anyway everyone can now stop posting about it. Post here instead to keep the thread bumped for the unpleasant people who can't read past the first thread. The Freljord patch is GONE and will return when Riot gets to it. Perhaps also post a link to here should anyone be mentally deficient enough to post yet another duplicate thread. Have a happy day.

EDIT: Removed ragey snipes and replaced them with something a bit more flossy now that I have pubstomped on my Leblanc smurf.

KiyoSpirit

04-06-2013

I actually find your thread title rather confusing.

Kanderas

04-06-2013

I don't see what you could possibly be meaning apart from a potential abiguity over which skins are reverted. It could be taken to mean ALL skins, but anyone over the age of five will figure that is not the case seeing as it is lumped together in a list of new content.

Or you could take issue with whether the word 'new' is refering to the 'champ' or the 'rework.' And again, being more then five makes it obvious due to context. TBH the 'new' is meant to be in front of 'skins' but regardless the sentence is still functionally correct. On the other hand keep moaning about it because it keeps the thread bumped.

HiddenSpikeTrap

04-07-2013

Although this is all correct, there's a nicer way to go about saying it. There's no need to be so hostile. Some people are still new and not everyone reads through things properly right away (hopefully they will learn quickly through huntsman and others pointing them in the right direction a little more politely than you did here). You could also link to the threads on bug report thread formats in the OP.

Aside from that, this is still an informative post for those who don't know/didn't realize these things were reverted so I upvoted.

Kanderas

04-07-2013

Quote:
HiddenSpikeTrap:
Although this is all correct, there's a nicer way to go about saying it. There's no need to be so hostile. Some people are still new and not everyone reads through things properly right away (hopefully they will learn quickly through huntsman and others pointing them in the right direction a little more politely than you did here). You could also link to the threads on bug report thread formats in the OP.

Aside from that, this is still an informative post for those who don't know/didn't realize these things were reverted so I upvoted.

You are correct, of course, the post is harsh and unforgiving. I have inserted periodic smilies to calm anyone who may get upset about being spoken to in a firm and slightly condescending manner and have taken your suggestion to add a link to the bug report thread.

Unfortunately I do not share your sentiment that being new is an excuse for being illiterate and thus cannot be apologetic, but hopefully people reading the strongly worded post are able to look past its fiery exterior to the truth of the information presented inside. If someone reads it and thinks "Wow, this guy is an a$$hole, but at least now I know the patch was reverted," then at least someone has been informed of the matter and will cease to fill the front page with it leaving the world a better place. And TBH though, if I was capable of wording it in a friendlier way I probably would have applied to be a Huntsman.

SpadeCA

04-07-2013

This thread is pointless. Making this thread is essentially the same thing as making the "OMGGG LISS IS GONE WTFZORRRR" Threads because.

1. The people making those threads don't read other threads where the question has been answered.
2. They don't read replies in their own threads where the answer has been posted a few times.

Your essentially making more spam.

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

Quote:
Kanderas:
I don't see what you could possibly be meaning apart from a potential abiguity over which skins are reverted. It could be taken to mean ALL skins, but anyone over the age of five will figure that is not the case seeing as it is lumped together in a list of new content.

Or you could take issue with whether the word 'new' is refering to the 'champ' or the 'rework.' And again, being more then five makes it obvious due to context. TBH the 'new' is meant to be in front of 'skins' but regardless the sentence is still functionally correct. On the other hand keep moaning about it because it keeps the thread bumped.

I like how you assume pretty much everything anyone says is a form of moaning and complaining.

The word that confused me was reverted, because that was implying they existed before. However, that does not matter. You got your main point across and once again have proved to everyone that you are indeed an a$$hole.

Scary Light

04-07-2013

Basically this is what happens when kids get on the PBE to play the new champion and "test" the new "thing" without being throughly looking for bugs. Honestly I think 90% of them will get banned when PBE permabans start being handed out by Lyte and whatever method he's planning to use.

Kanderas

04-07-2013

Quote:
KiyoSpirit:
I like how you assume pretty much everything anyone says is a form of moaning and complaining.

The word that confused me was reverted, because that was implying they existed before. However, that does not matter. You got your main point across and once again have proved to everyone that you are indeed an a$$hole.

They did exist. Then they were reverted. And yes, I am definately an a$$hole, but also genuinely sorry that I get stirred to such by the stupidity of people who refuse to spend a few seconds scanning to see if their complaint has already been mentioned.

Most of the things that find their way on here are moaning or complaining of some sort (the OP technically included), either moaning about how one doesn't like the new champ's abilities without providing meaningful constructive feedback or complaining about a bug and giving absolutely none of the information required to fix it, as if announcing that a bug exists in a relative area is sufficient for a Riot technician to fix it because they have magic anti-bug wands. The genuine bug reports are sparse, which leads on to:

Quote:
Scary Light:
Basically this is what happens when kids get on the PBE to play the new champion and "test" the new "thing" without being throughly looking for bugs. Honestly I think 90% of them will get banned when PBE permabans start being handed out by Lyte and whatever method he's planning to use.

This would be a welcome change, and would definately streamline the testing process. Plus I could stop being such a d!ck.

Quote:
SpadeCA:
This thread is pointless. Making this thread is essentially the same thing as making the "OMGGG LISS IS GONE WTFZORRRR" Threads because. Your essentially making more spam.

Your point is invalid because the title of the thread gives all the information necessary. I am not assuming anyone will read the thread and nor do they need to in order to recieve the message. The OP exists only to further inform those wishing to know more and enforce to them rediculousness if duplicating threads but it not at all necessary to fulfil the thread's purpose.

Malsvir

04-07-2013

Blanket bans on all the que dodgers from when lis went live. /shudder
We can only hope.