Silver 5!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXSorianXx

04-06-2013

Whooo!!!

What changed you might ask? I was allowed to carry.

I'm generally that nice guy in champ select that feels that if someone calls a lane they're competent in it. Well as I've slowly figured out that isn't the case at all, generally those who call their lane end up doing poorly and the reason is this: they don't want to support.

I've encountered multiple duo queues on my way up to silver 5 and I can say they're team play isn't better than two other random strangers, if anything it's worse, scenario 1: they're both bottom and losing "jungle never gank gg we lose gggggggggg" Like it's more toxic than having random strangers in this sense. If you do poorly in lane ie: going 1/3 they'll harass the hell out of you together generally even if they're doing poor themselves just because they can't put the blame on themselves. I really don't like duo queues, I myself having gained nothing from duo queueing with a friend of mine can even say that when I'm duo'd with him we play worse than if it were some random stranger.

My top roles are: Top, ADC, and jungle. I generally win my lane in either but it comes down to the fact that if you don't have at least 1 front man and 1 true carry, your team isn't going to win which is why I end up switching back and fourth between ADC and top/jungle. I tried to be a tank and it just doesn't seem to work out in my favor as I cannot deal damage. When I ADC it's completely random whether or not my support will be at least decent, I cannot tell you how many times I've had a support nidalee rush tear + chalice, and just completely neglect wards and that kind of **** is unacceptable and you should feel bad for doing it.

Things I've noticed down here in bronze 1: People play high skill cap champions and do very poorly at them, I cannot say that I've seen a great oriana, syndra, lee sin, shen (map awareness), janna in all my games since season 3 has started which equates to about 450 and counting (I know I have no life) If you don't know how to use a champion correctly don't try it out in ranked or even if you have the very basics down don't do it because you're being a liability to your team rather than an asset and I think that's what stems a few peoples' rage in the first place is you may have basic gaming mechanics down but if they're expecting you to do this or that and you just sit there you're not helping your team.

CSing is something bronze 1 players don't really concentrate on nearly as much as I see pros do it. My CS is good in almost every game I play and that's something that has brought me up this far so people don't neglect it, 15 cs = 1 kill so chasing singed around for 30 seconds while your turret is eating minions isnt good for you.

OBJECTIVES!!! People at bronze have a very poor perception on objectives. Kills are everything and everything is kills. Without kills you are bad. I've won countless games because I set my team ahead with that op global gold from objectives. I am a splitpusher by nature and have decent map awareness so I can widdle away that second tier turret and get off scott free generally due to the champions I play plus watching the minimap like a hawk while I'm doing so.

Most people really just want to get a high KDR which really doesn't mean anything in the end, you need to take advantage of all the objectives, even if it's red buff and you're playing ADC and your jungler isn't going to be taking it any time soon go ahead and nab it, it'll give you a boost in laning or otherwise.

Dragon timers are important and even though I don't have a time stamp I generally tell my team to get ready about 1 minute-30 seconds before it spawns and because of that we nab dragons fairly often as long as my team is listening and I cannot tell you how many pinks I've bought as an ADC or bruiser both just to get dragon, its worth it to kill off that ward before you start dragon so lux/ez/draven/rumble cant steal it away. I've lost my fair share of dragons that way as well because I didn't take the initiative to buy a pink.

If you want to climb the ladders and be a better player you have to put the game into your own hands if no one else is stepping up to be the shot caller. I've put that role into my own hands more times than I care to count because people will amble aimlessly without some sort of guidance. Now they don't always have to listen to you, they aren't minions they're human beings and as such they should be treated like humans (except for the 9 year olds that sneak onto their older brothers' account, you can yell at them until they quit).
Realizing what your team's strengths are is a real key into winning the game, if your team sucks at teamfighting then you should probably focus on splitpushing and warding heavily to catch people out alone and kill them before they have a chance to react. If your team is great at teamfighting then force it, make the enemy come to baron blindly and eat them alive and then enjoy baron buff afterwards.

Just my two cents from someone who just got promoted to Silver 5

Edit: goodbye Annie's Renegades and hello Gragas's Wardens

17 F Japan

04-06-2013

I went all the way thought Bronze playing nothing but Sona. Support can carry too.

BONESAW lS READl

04-06-2013

you realize silver is still a bucket of sh*t

Crowcide

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESAW lS READl View Post
big word on an alt

Aspect of Valor

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESAW lS READl View Post

i'm seriously on the worst losing streak in my league history i climbed in to silver and then silver IV and then fell.... and fell hard, i'm always trying to support the auto attack fiends in bot lane, or jungling and ganking with myself...

sometimes i just counter jungle all game and hope the enemy ganks aren't successful so we can recover later...

or, hard push with Master Yi...

but sometimes even 300 minions 2 inhibs and a triple kill with shen aren't enough. or ever...

Risiblë

04-06-2013

Silver is Elo hell man Seriously People dont push their advantage and lose the game and or the mid lane "it's always mid" feeds someone 7-1

Aspect of Valor

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risiblë View Post
Silver is Elo hell man Seriously People dont push their advantage and lose the game and or the mid lane "it's always mid" feeds someone 7-1

and Akali can run rampant, mid doesn't buy wards, people pick lux and try to support with a doran ring!?? lgkqoghweoghregheq;o

xXSorianXx

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspect of Valor View Post
and Akali can run rampant, mid doesn't buy wards, people pick lux and try to support with a doran ring!?? lgkqoghweoghregheq;o
hahah well to tell the truth this is the second time I'll be silver, I was 1390 in season 1, 1460 in season 2, and now I'm silver again and really I gotta say both times I was up in silver it was much better than lux buying dorans ring for support so well... heres to hoping it isn't as bad as you say

ThrillOfTheBlunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

i climbed outta 1150 elo to 1400 silver 5 to 1 within around 20 games pre season

not that hard once i found out maokai and ahri

i had some weird **** but seriously it was not hard

vulcz

04-06-2013

Silver is worse than bronze. FACT.

Silver people are slightly better than your average bronze player, but they think they are god tier players no matter how much they feed.. Most bronze people know they are trash. (some bronze people think they are ****ing amazing.)