Just wrote this and I have no idea what to call the story so.....yeah ^_^

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bump N Grind

04-06-2013

~ Part 1 ~
Garen leaned his head forward as his red-haired lover pressed up against his bare chest for a kiss. The succulent taste of Katarina's lips drove Garen into an ecstasy every time they made contact. Even now, after nearly ten years of being married, Garen still felt the emotions of new love igniting in his heart. He laid on his back, nested comfortably within the bed sheets, while his hands caressed his wife's smooth back; rubbing the impeccably curvaceous woman he longed to hold after an exhausting day of political duty. Her hands roamed across his muscular chest; pausing every so often to squeeze his hardened pecs. The longer they went on in this lovers embrace the more Garen felt his heart racing. Katarina suddenly pulled back and stared into her husband's brown eyes with a devilish smile.

"I'm going to enjoy this." She whispered softly.

"I will make sure of that." Garen pushed forward to bring his lips onto Katarina's once more, but she pushed him back and shook her head while placing a finger on his lips.

"Please, allow me?" She seductively imposed. A wild passion glared in her green eyes. Garen chuckled and relinquished control just this once. Katarina smiled and reached down near Garen's head. He knew she loved to rub her fingers through his short hair. A flash of silver shined against the moonlight coming through the window and Garen realized his wife was now holding a dagger to his throat.

"Wh-what are you-"

"Silence!" Katarina viciously ran the blade through. Garen gasped for air as his vision blurred. Everything went blank for a split second and then his eyes burst open and he quickly sat up, realizing what he experienced was only a dream. Garen's chest beat thunderously and his breaths were heavy. Sweat dripped from his hair as he rubbed his forehead to clear his mind. Just to make sure, he looked over to his left and a sigh of relief passed over when he saw Katarina laying peacefully asleep. This was not the first time Garen had a nightmare in which his wife committed some act of treachery. And just like the previous nights, he would be up for hours pondering over the images which remained etched into his mind for days at a time. Not wanting to disturb his wife's rest, Garen cautiously eased his way out of the bed and strolled along the glossy tiled floors of his chamber towards the outer balcony. He slowly pulled open the sliding doors of the wide-arched entryway while turning back frequently to make sure Katarina had not awakened.

Once through the doors, he quietly closed them and then leaned onto the balcony railing. Taking in a deep breath of the soothing midnight air, Garen gazed up into the full moon. An overwhelming sense of deja vu struck him for he was in this same position just a few nights ago. Despite having these nightmares, nothing in Garen's daily life indicated his marriage was in danger. In fact, the love he and Katarina shared felt stronger than ever.

After the ordeal in Kalamanda all those years ago, Katarina and Garen soon took comfort in each other's company despite the complications of having rival ancestry. Garen had always been aware of Katarina's vicious nature. After all, one does not go by the title "Sinister Blade" for nothing. Still, Katarina was able to make her affair with Garen possible and after they were married she reluctantly embraced a new title as "The Blades of Passion," for she no longer wielded her father's knives for untempered slaughtering, but for the love and thrill of a great battle. Garen often wondered if Katarina was truly happy with her life in Demacia and if she would ever go back to her old ways. With more nightmares Garen feared their love may have imprisoned Katarina's true nature and now she was yearning to break free. Was he on the verge of losing his marriage?

Garen looked out into the distance using the high view of his towering estate. At first he half-expected to see some sort of sign confirming whether or not his fears were becoming a reality, but then something caught his eyes' attention. Far off beyond the walls of Demacia was a floating object of some sort which later revealed to be a flying creature with enormous wings. An omen perhaps? Years of service under King Jarvan IV had caused Garen's once disbelief in the supernatural to morph into paranoia; hence the fears of his recent nightmares. Moonlight shone onto the creature and Garen was partially relieved to see the friendly blue feathers of Valor, but also slightly disappointed his question remained unanswered. Seeing Valor meant Quinn was also en route back to the city. Garen groaned because he knew what would follow. As per usual, the return of Quinn always came with some scouting report which Jarvan would spend hours discussing with his military officials. Since Garen's sleep had been interrupted once again he would face another day of drowsily sitting in a meeting. Knowing what to expect, he forced himself back into bed only to wind up staring outside his window for another thirty minutes before finally drifting asleep.

~ Part 2 ~
Just as Garen had anticipated, a meeting was held in the King's council chambers. A semi-circle table filled the room and all the council members took their seats along the outer side. Jarvan sat in the middle with Garen to the right. The sound of typical morning banter filled room as everyone waited for the meeting to officially begin.

"My good man you seem rather weary." Jarvan said to Garen.

"I have not been able to sleep well." Garen said as a yawn forced itself out of him. He shook his head to wake up. Sunlight flooded the room from the large window to the left and reflected in all directions from the golden decors along the walls. Garen felt like he was in a Solari temple.

"You should get some rest after the meeting. I will need you later in the day."

"What for?"

Jarvan was cut off from answering by the double doors opening. He pounded a little stone object against the table to silence the voices running around. Quinn entered the room in a blue tunic along with her falcon, Valor, hovering above.

"Greetings, my Lords." Quinn said as she bowed gracefully. A mixture of smiles and welcoming gestures returned the greeting.

"Welcome, Lady Quinn. What news have you brought before the council this day?" Jarvan said with a slight hint of cheer in his voice.

"My Lords, what I have witnessed is not to be taken lightly. I have seen dark forces gathering within the Shadow Isles."

"Bah, that land is tainted with black magic. This is not news." said one of the council members far down on the right; a short, stubby, bearded fellow.

"I suggest you listen to her before making such judgements." The eerie, yet always distinguishable voice of Vayne filled the room. The dark haired huntress entered the room from a secret door within the right wall. She took off her signature red glasses and leaned against the edge of the table.

"What are you doing in here? This meeting is private." said the stubby old man.

"Exactly why I didn't bother using the front door." Vayne replied with little care of the councilman's outrage.

"Alright, I will let this intrusion pass." Jarvan tapped his stone on the table to regain order. "Please, Quinn, continue."

"Right, as I was saying, there is something in the Shadow Isles. Being an expert on black magic, I consulted with Vayne immediately upon my return in order to accurately understand what I saw. Val..." Quinn reached up as the bird dropped a tiny scroll into her palm. Unraveling the scroll, Quinn glanced over the page and then turned it around to show everyone else. Whispers filled the room as the image of a spectral character was revealed; having a perfectly polished mane of hair, wearing a tattered cloak, and two "S" shaped blades floating in the air. The likes of ghostly horseman and soul collectors were known in Valoran, but nothing quite like the creature on the scroll had been seen. In fact, for something which appeared in the Shadow Isles, everyone was mesmerized by the humanly appearance of the character.

"Who, or what, exactly is this?" Jarvan asked.

"The image is without color, but the actual figure I saw was purely black and white with greyed skin. Unfortunately, Vayne and myself have not had enough time to go through the archives and figure out exactly what this being is. However, Vayne does recall reading about an old race long extinct, known as the Illuminatra. Neither of us have enough knowledge on them to know for a fact, but rest assured we are investigating."

The room went silent as the council rattled their brains to pull up an old memory of what Quinn described.

"There is more." Quinn continued. "This being was accompanied by several men, or women. Each was covered in a dark cloak, but one carried an artifact which I am completely certain bore the symbol of The Black Rose."

A wave of disbelief sounded from the council, but Jarvan settled them down.

"Quinn, are you absolutely sure of what you saw?" Jarvan asked. The cheer from his voice turned to worry.

"Yes, Sire."

Jarvan looked to Vayne for some explanation, but she merely said, "I have not seen any sign of them since the events of Kalamanda."

"Then they could very well have spent all this time plotting their next move." Jarvan said.

"To do what?" said another council member.

"The Black Rose are capable of anything if they try hard enough. I suggest we stay alert. Keep track of the whereabouts of everyone you know. I of all people should know what The Deceiver is capable of." Jarvan remembered the time when LeBlanc had captured him in secret only to pose as the Exemplar of Demacia.

Garen was now fully awake. The paranormal entity Quinn held up became the subject of Garen's thoughts, but in the back of his mind remained the worries about Katarina.

"I am calling an emergency close of this meeting. I need to gather my officers immediately to discuss safety measures in case The Black Rose are plotting something." Jarvan banged the stone object on the table to signal the meeting's end. "Council will return in the afternoon. Notices will be sent within the hour. Meeting adjourned."

Everyone stood up and scattered out of the room while talking amongst one another of The Black Rose. Quinn and Valor left with Vayne to continue their research. Garen walked alongside Jarvan as the two of them tossed ideas back and forth about The Black Rose's possible agenda. Garen considered asking Katarina to join them, but she had already left for some personal matters.

To be continued...

Fiestaware

04-06-2013

Here's a story title for you: "Wall of Text"

RhapsodyOfMemory

04-06-2013

Where are the paragraphs?

Bump N Grind

04-06-2013

There I tossed in some spacing. Hope you can enjoy the story now.

Fiestaware

04-06-2013

Ok new title" Six Paragraphs Meet One Wall Of Text"

Bump N Grind

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaware View Post
Ok new title" Six Paragraphs Meet One Wall Of Text"
I guess my title was misleading. I'm not looking for title suggestions. I'm seeing if I can write stories people would actually enjoy.

Fiestaware

04-06-2013

Let me be less cryptic.

You will never write stories people will enjoy if you do not put conscious effort into organizing the structure of the text.

Bump N Grind

04-06-2013

Quote:
Let me be less cryptic.

You will never write stories people will enjoy if you do not put conscious effort into organizing the structure of the text.
I completely agree. Honestly, I was just too excited to put my work out there. ^_^

Bump N Grind

04-06-2013

Better now?

Eyowyn

04-06-2013

Quote:
Let me be less cryptic.

Man, that's kind of harsh.

It's short but it's not awful by any means. Relax and enjoy yourself.