Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma Buffs Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bombkirby

04-07-2013

Quote:
Ansaa:
Right now, Karma is basically a Q spambot; very boring, and that doesn't feel like old Karma.

Hmm. Okay I'll argue that old Karma WAS a Q spambot since W was non-existent, and the shield serves the same purpose as new Karma... essentially... and your only means of dealing damage was Q. But Mantra was up a lot so you could use the super cool Mantra shield to lay down the pain on a large group of enemies or heal your ally.

As for your first sentence, I figure CertainlyT is reading these posts, but he just doesn't post. I know on the Blizzard forums a member said something like "The Blues haven't posted in this thread, so they're not getting this feedback!" and then a Blue posted in the thread saying "Oh we're reading this feedback thread... its just when we post sometimes things get off-topic, or our input tampers with the opinions of posters, so we usually just quietly watch." After all, half the time a Red posts everyone starts saying things like "WHAT ABOUT SHYVANNA??" and other off topic things.

KesslerCOIL

04-08-2013

Id like to see the CD on Mantra reduced by 5sec.
she currently has the same problem as old karma, you never want to use your mantra because it feels wasted or like the wrong choice.
with 5sec taken off, she'd be able to use her mantra more in the early/mid game where she needs it so badly.

Blackthorn

04-08-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
Quick question. Are you all finding the Q2 harder to hit on PBE than on Live, or is it not functioning as you'd hoped on both environments?

The problem is the NEW Karma is not Karma an is even more useless than what you perceived the OLD karma to be. Just revert the changes leave the visual upgrade and voila everyone is happy.

Avejoe

04-08-2013

Just my two cents, but personnally as a support Karma I find the mantra'd W really useful. You can take more risks and some people won't see it coming. Next thing they know, the half-hp Karma is healed, and they're dead due to the stun and the carry

Shield + mantra'd W = best way to catch up with fleeing enemies after a rough teamfight

Ansaa

04-08-2013

Quote:
Bombkirby:
Hmm. Okay I'll argue that old Karma WAS a Q spambot since W was non-existent, and the shield serves the same purpose as new Karma... essentially... and your only means of dealing damage was Q. But Mantra was up a lot so you could use the super cool Mantra shield to lay down the pain on a large group of enemies or heal your ally.

The way I played Karma was usually slapping W on them, allowing me to walk up to them and E2+Q them. E2 was like, the "centerpiece" though. It was so cool to have a shield also deal damage, while protecting you from counter-harass. I really liked that. But E2 is no longer a viable source of damage; that means you need to Mantra Q. QQQ for everything! If we could use E2 (At the cost of less damage but a shield+speed) as an alternative combo, that would be so cool.
Quote:
As for your first sentence, I figure CertainlyT is reading these posts, but he just doesn't post. I know on the Blizzard forums a member said something like "The Blues haven't posted in this thread, so they're not getting this feedback!" and then a Blue posted in the thread saying "Oh we're reading this feedback thread... its just when we post sometimes things get off-topic, or our input tampers with the opinions of posters, so we usually just quietly watch." After all, half the time a Red posts everyone starts saying things like "WHAT ABOUT SHYVANNA??" and other off topic things.

Thank you, good to know

Bombkirby

04-08-2013

Quote:
Avejoe:
Just my two cents, but personnally as a support Karma I find the mantra'd W really useful. You can take more risks and some people won't see it coming. Next thing they know, the half-hp Karma is healed, and they're dead due to the stun and the carry

Shield + mantra'd W = best way to catch up with fleeing enemies after a rough teamfight

But she isn't healed if they're competent players. The carry/support don't just sit there doing nothing unless it's bronze or pre-30 games. They'll hit you back and you'll gain no health. Everything seemed fine to me until I fought people who knew what they were doing. Then I felt useless. *taric stun/janna tornado/alisar anything* and then the enemy ADC breaks the chain by continuing to walk while my ADC is behind me, too far away to do damage. (They certainly won't be in front of me after all.) And I come away taking more damage than I gained. It doesn't help that it becomes more useful when you're about to die. I think it saved me once when the enemy ADC had 2 bars of HP left and I only had a sliver of health left, and I used it, killed them and lived, but a shield + Mantra Q woulda accomplished the same exact thing.

My bigger concern how Mantra W loses all purpose late game. Its a no brainer decision to not waste your mantra on that mediocre spell when you can make a teamwide shield/speed boost/light aoe damage or add in some "heavy" (I use the term loosely) AoE damage + a slow.

Bombkirby

04-08-2013

Quote:
Ansaa:
The way I played Karma was usually slapping W on them, allowing me to walk up to them and E2+Q them. E2 was like, the "centerpiece" though. It was so cool to have a shield also deal damage, while protecting you from counter-harass. I really liked that. But E2 is no longer a viable source of damage; that means you need to Mantra Q. QQQ for everything! If we could use E2 (At the cost of less damage but a shield+speed) as an alternative combo, that would be so cool.

Thank you, good to know

We discussed this as it came up verbatim and the problem is that its... eh nevermind. Its on page 3 or something. =.= I gotta go.

deathmage390

04-08-2013

even with the passive update it wont help at much at all. the base cd on mantra is the problem. it realy should be lowered around 25-30. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3267335&highlight=eve

ThermoFusion

04-08-2013

Quote:
Kchaosrei:
T i know u arent going to like this but her whole hit doesnt work the way i hoped.

Her Q is so hard to use. Its her only harass move and her only farm move. I cant think of another champ that is this hamstrung that supposed to be a AP mage. Yes it has a low cool down but the mana costs are punishing. Since u need to kill off the wave to harass the enemy with it. There is no effective way to use it. Plus its her only ability that effect minons. Her w and e cant even target them. Not sure what the balance team is trying to accomplish with these buffs.

the way karam currently plays she should of been an energy or manaless champ.

This is pretty close to my main concern with Karma. (my other concern is her W, but one thing at a time)

So much of her currently gameplay depends on her Q, her harrass, her farm, her primary AoE and damage output, and it's all tied to a skillshot. No other mage in the game has so much invested in a skill shot. All other mages have the ability to instant target an enemy and/or target and area on the ground, or some form placing unblockable damage output.

Actually, her kit has very unreliable damage output. Her Q is a blockable skillshot, her W requires holding risky position near an enemy, and her E2 depends upon ally posistioning to deal damage.

I don't think this is strictly a bad thing... but her current kit does not provide enough reliable damage or utility to compensate for this.

deathmage390

04-08-2013

certainly t it is hard to hit on both. but more to the point, q is obnoxious to hit at all due to minions blocking, at least old karma had 2 charges so she could E2 for dmg. and why is mantras cd still so ridiculously high? you lowered from 2 to 1 charge.