Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major][Spirit of the Ancient Golem won't buy]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nabetse

04-05-2013

Priority:Major

Description:Was just in a normal game as Hecarim, tried to buy Spirit of the Ancient Golem and it wouldn't let me. I had enough gold/etc.

Repro Steps:
1. Get into a normal game(not sure if this'll happen with customs/etc).
2. Play Hecarim(not sure if this just applies to him)
3. Get Spirit Stone then Boots of Mobility and finally a Giant's Belt.
4. Try to buy a Spirit of the Ancient Golem.

Steelflame

04-05-2013

Quote:
Devenair:
Priority:Major

Description:Was just in a normal game as Hecarim, tried to buy Spirit of the Ancient Golem and it wouldn't let me. I had enough gold/etc.

Repro Steps:
1. Get into a normal game(not sure if this'll happen with customs/etc).
2. Play Hecarim(not sure if this just applies to him)
3. Get Spirit Stone then Boots of Mobility and finally a Giant's Belt.
4. Try to buy a Spirit of the Ancient Golem.

Are you sure it was actually the right build up item? They did recently decide to change Ancient Golem to build out of a Kindle Gem. They might not have rolled this change back (hard to tell with this recent rollback).

Nabetse

04-05-2013

That's probably it, under the Spirit of the Ancient Golem it still shows the Giant's Belt as one of the items needed to make it so I bought it, that's probably the issue thanks!

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

I confirm this bug occurring on Hecarim.

Very nice find, Devenair.

Video:

Quote:
Youtube (http://youtu.be/uDar_b-2XWA)

BJTheGuru

04-05-2013

I can't get the spirit of lizard elder to buy since the last update. It sucked I was playing Hecarim and wanted top polish my build with the nice DoT. At first I thought it was a problem with the pickaxe so I finished my stinger into a zephyr and it worked just fine (I had two pickaxes) and then tried the lizard elder and still no go I went got some cs and backed tried again. I killed some people untilk I had enough for the full item and tried that and it did not work on any of the three items that build from spirit stone.

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

Interesting!!
While testing this bug, I found:
If you buy Spirit Stone + Kindle Gem + Giant's Belt and then Combine a Spirit of the Ancient Golem:

It will use the Giant's Belt & Spirit Stone in your Inventory, leaving behind the Kindle Gem in it's appropiate item-slot.

However, here comes the twist. ~

If you try selling the remaining Kindle Gem, Ta-dahhh~ It turns into a Giant's Belt.

Well, that's what it looks like...

But in reality, the server and the client aren't in sync.

I guess what's happening is:

Quote:
The client uses the Giant's Belt in the mixture, the server uses the Kindle Gem.

Upon attempting to sell the Kindle Gem, the server says "Nuh oh! You don't have a Kindle Gem."

And sends the appropiate Item-List packet back to the Client(Basically, refreshes the list?).

The client responds with an "Oh my! You're right! It's actually a Giant's Belt!" (At this point the client doesn't actually respond to the server! Rather, it shows the User the correct value/item).

More or less right?

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

Quote:
BJTheGuru:
I can't get the spirit of lizard elder to buy since the last update. It sucked I was playing Hecarim and wanted top polish my build with the nice DoT. At first I thought it was a problem with the pickaxe so I finished my stinger into a zephyr and it worked just fine (I had two pickaxes) and then tried the lizard elder and still no go I went got some cs and backed tried again. I killed some people untilk I had enough for the full item and tried that and it did not work on any of the three items that build from spirit stone.

Edit: Woaah!! I read wrong!! Give me a bit, and I'll get a fix for you. ~ (Or try)

Bethiriam

04-05-2013

Sorry for taking long.

To get the Spirit of the Elder Lizard, you would need the:

Quote:
Spirit Stone + Pick Axe + (~)1300 gold = Spirit of the Elder Lizard + Pickaxe

Yes, the pickaxe will be left over.

Or, alternatively:
Quote:
Spirit Stone + 1600 gold = Spirit of the Elder Lizard

Heads up! You need 1600 gold for the 2nd Alternative, but it won't use all of it. You'll have around ~300 left over.

It's because of the glitch.

I'm sorry these solutions pretty much suck. xD

But you can buy it!! You just need to be patient & have enough gold!

Good luck!

Dr FreakinSmarts

04-06-2013

Same sh-t with me, im playing as olaf. Smh. I'm in game right now

Bethiriam

04-06-2013

Quote:
LosingSide:
Same sh-t with me, im playing as olaf. Smh. I'm in game right now

Yes, this is happening on all champs. ^^;

The problem lies in the Item Recipes.