Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Extra items from the vendor based on where you champ is from

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linna Excel

04-05-2013

I was just thinking, what if that item salesmen in the game offered a few items to champions based on where they are from. Sort of make their back story have an effect on itemization a little. For example an ionian item, a noxis one, a damancian one, etc.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

04-05-2013

Limiting items by location...

Limiting items period should be done minimally. They're already "limited" by their stats and costs.

Linna Excel

04-06-2013

Nah, flavor is good too. You want to make a champ from valorian stand out from one from ionia as much as possible. Plus who would complain about more items to buy?

Llanite

04-06-2013

He means every item should have multiple versions, with the same stats and function, only different in names and icons that reflect the champion background.

IceHound

Recruiter

04-06-2013

I don't know that ideal just sounds like it'll take up too much time and it'll be just for looks in that case LIanite...

Quepha

04-06-2013

Quote:
Llanite:
He means every item should have multiple versions, with the same stats and function, only different in names and icons that reflect the champion background.

while that sounds kindof interesting, it would make communicating about items a huge pain while trying to remember the noxian, demacian, and freljordian names for every single item.

Llanite

04-06-2013

I was just interpreting the OP since it's not clear :P

Anyway, I think it is an interesting concept. Let's say Athene was stolen from some random temples in Ionia by a Noxis for instance, every Noxis equipping it receive 1 extra AP, MR and CDR, every unfriendly Ionian will receive a side quest stating that they will retrieve the Grail at all cost and get 10g bonus upon last hitting that Noxis. Should be fun.