Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m Lord Douche

04-05-2013

I don't like the lore team anymore.

You guys change awesome selfless heroes into conquerors, all because of a skin. I am so incredibly disappointed, and sad, you guys have really alienated me with this.

chase2426

04-05-2013

You are wrong about Trundle being a selfless hero go read the judgement and tell me he is selfless. He found the cure for his disease, found out that without the disease he will die and eventually his whole tribe will die, decided to keep the disease for himself and let his whole tribe die.

Not selfless, not a hero, and story is over, he had no point to be in the league anymore, he had no interaction with the rest or the world anymore. It was either make him a new integral part of the world or leave a character with no purpose.

Montesque64

04-05-2013

Exactly. Trundle had no more stories to tell. Now he does. This is an improvement.

SWGrulz

04-05-2013

maybe not fully selfless, but think on this:

His people were blighted and suffering before he took on the disease. He was given the option to return this blight and let them live on in suffering, or keep it and let them live out their days without regeneration.

He may have let spite play it's part, but he's a pretty complex character and definitely what he did (taking the plague in the first place) was heroic, regardless of his personal reasons.

-----
As for chase and montesque's comments: that's sloppy writing/pretty unimaginative if you honestly can't see a way to reconcile his old and new lores or expand his story in any way what so ever :X. His story wasn't 'complete', only the tale of his origin, the beginning. I would much have preferred some character development from trundle involving him going from his old circumstances to becoming this ice troll king, rather than a retcon.

Character arcs aren't singular, each stories has layers upon layers.
Trundle came to the league for a cure at first, then came to join for the respect he could garner, well lets say he began to get that, what happens from there? Is it not possible for example that he hears of the ice trolls from one of the champions that come from that area, and seeks them out from some lingering desire of validation from his own race, or from hearing of how pathetic they were considered (just as he was).

There he finds them lead by this crappy leader, and pretty much follows the story of the new lore. (cunningly making up the legend of the clubs and so on)

The club he got then infuses him with the powers of Ice and weakens the plague within perhaps, since trundles natural regeneration was already said to make it look like he wasn't afflicted at all before he took on his whole tribes blight, it getting slowed by the Ice magic could return him specifically to looking non-rotted, his powers of plague suppressed and replaced with these new powers of ice.

-----
((Another good idea i heard somewhere was that perhaps he leads his old tribe to the ice, to let the harsh cold act as a stand-in to the damaging effect of the plague and reawaken their regeneration.

I could see him eventually coming to seek out his old tribe again to see what had happened, finding them in a sorry state ripe for him to step in as their leader, and leading them up to the north (potentially uniting with pre-existing troll groups from there) and explaining a little why the trolls are only now seeming to become a problem.
((because before they weren't there or weren't lead/united by trundle))