Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Huntsmen be placed at the head of the PBE login queue?

Hell yeah! These guys deserve a little perk! 126 48.46%
*Shrug* Do or don't. It doesn't make any difference to me 63 24.23%
Hell no! I don't want to be bumped back 9 positions in queue! 71 27.31%
Voters 260 .

[Petition] Riot Give Huntsmen Login Queue Priority on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snackbar

Recruiter

04-06-2013

they deserve a perk but not bypassing the login queue, maybe... like an ingame icon (something nice = POROs)

Failbot Deploy

Recruiter

04-06-2013

Quote:
Cheironn:
We're like normal players, just with a blue name and the adorable Teemo icon.

I never noticed the Teemo until now. YOU RUINED MY INNOCENCE!!!

KickButtLlama

04-07-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

Just a little non sequitur question: Are Riot employees able to directly connect to the servers in Santa Monica and have like 1 ping? Because that would be AWESOME

24SevenEU

04-07-2013

The amount of Blue in this thread is too damn high!

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-07-2013

Quote:
KickButtLlama:
Just a little non sequitur question: Are Riot employees able to directly connect to the servers in Santa Monica and have like 1 ping? Because that would be AWESOME

Whenever I happen to play with any Rioter, they always have 8 ping. If they alt-tab, it looks like it jumps up a little, but once they re-enter it drops down to 8 again.

So, it sounds like... yes? Kinda? Not exactly 1, but 8 is pretty outstanding.

Lexinus

04-07-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

WE ALREADY SAID THAT You guys and your humility is awesome. This is why Riot takes all my money.

RonaldLoveCraft

Huntsman

04-07-2013

Quote:
24SevenEU:
The amount of Blue in this thread is too damn high!

Oh sorry I don't think I have contributed yet :P
Personally it makes me so delighted to see someone looking out for the Huntsmen. I don't think queue priority is something that should be given to us because it wouldn't be fair to everyone else. I just try to log in right when the server comes up But it is nice to have everyone so active in bug searching/reporting.
Cheers.

The MechE

04-07-2013

I think we all should be treated equal. Why give huntsmen special treatment?

ATTENTION

04-07-2013

Bump, this makes perfect sense.

Wards win games

04-08-2013

OH we're all posting here now?

I won't sit high on a horse, I actually really wanted this for the huntsman when I first joined. Then I learned that rioters sit through the login que as well, and I really stopped caring about it; it's certainly not a make or break thing anyways.

While I appreciate riots willingness to "share the pain of their players", I personally find it quite silly.

If players (or employee's) are known to contribute more to the environment, this is a pretty solid way to improve the toxicity level of players actively logging into the PBE.
Focused testing identified by Riot? Rioter flags testers account: Faster logins. Non identified accounts; back of the que.

My only argument is I can't exactly see it hurting, and can see it helping
But it's not something I think should only be for Huntsmen members; I think it could be universally flagged by Riot to the top "contributing" members of the PBE, whos PBE accounts have low "report" ratios. Being a huntsman shouldn't earn you an account flag to jump up the login que, being a good member of the PBE community on the other hand, should.

I would personally much rather the "toxic" or "troll" individuals on the PBE sit there for 5 hours in que while the dedicated focused individuals have their time reduced and prioritized over their negative counterparts.

---- but again I'm not missing out much having to wait in the PBE login que, I just go hunt through game files while I wait, or load up league on my other machine =)
Just one mans opinion, plus I thought we needed more teemo in here.