Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Huntsmen be placed at the head of the PBE login queue?

Hell yeah! These guys deserve a little perk! 126 48.46%
*Shrug* Do or don't. It doesn't make any difference to me 63 24.23%
Hell no! I don't want to be bumped back 9 positions in queue! 71 27.31%
Voters 260 .

[Petition] Riot Give Huntsmen Login Queue Priority on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

04-05-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

I'd be interested in what kind of emergencies might warrant that happening.

Though I voted for the argument in this particular Huntsmen thread, that in general they should be given priority, I can think of a few select members who I might personally want to bump back in the queue.

slamor

04-05-2013

I like the last option.

FishTacoStand

04-05-2013

D. No, Huntsmen membership shouldn't be incentivized with a line pass. Players should be Huntsmen because they want to help the game, not just get handouts.

Krshna

04-05-2013

Quote:
Axxuka:
I can understand that for Live Server but it's not very useful when you have to do work on the PBE and it's not an emergency (For both Rioters and Huntsman).

this. If this is the case, it seems like something that could and should be changed. if even rioter's can't skip the queue, that doesn't make much sense

David Hume

04-05-2013

I'd like to see players currently in game have priority in login queue.

Server hiccups, your client gets out of sync in bizarre ways, so you restart... and discover that everyone else did at the same time, and now you're AFK for 10mins instead of 1.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-05-2013

Quote:
FishTacoStand:
D. No, Huntsmen membership shouldn't be incentivized with a line pass. Players should be Huntsmen because they want to help the game, not just get handouts.

If being able to log in immediately ahead of a queue is a handout, that sounds like a pretty silly one! I personally don't mind waiting in queue, so that would definitely not be a handout for me, since it doesn't really bring me anything I particularly want or care for.

Quote:
David Hume:
I'd like to see players currently in game have priority in login queue.

Server hiccups, your client gets out of sync in bizarre ways, so you restart... and discover that everyone else did at the same time, and now you're AFK for 10mins instead of 1.

Er, actually... I'm pretty sure something like this is already in place. If your client crashes when in a game, you can jump straight in again no problem.

I've even had a few players who crashed out of lobby or after a game or just while chatting with other players, and it seemed like as long as they immediately tried to relog back in, they could jump straight in again. I could be wrong on this, but every time I crash out with a queue, it seems like I had a grace period in order to make it back in to skip waiting in the queue again.

Yinzy

04-06-2013

I would rather see the people in games get in first.

Mr Mystical

04-06-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

nice post ....great info to know.

Buboniic

Recruiter

04-06-2013

I want to say they SHOULD, but they also SHOULDN'T..
Because, the huntsman are awesome people but what is the rush of getting in-game so fast?

Ashurion

04-06-2013

What I basically saw was you can become a huntsmen for login perks.