Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Huntsmen be placed at the head of the PBE login queue?

Hell yeah! These guys deserve a little perk! 126 48.46%
*Shrug* Do or don't. It doesn't make any difference to me 63 24.23%
Hell no! I don't want to be bumped back 9 positions in queue! 71 27.31%
Voters 260 .

[Petition] Riot Give Huntsmen Login Queue Priority on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadPirateLynx

04-05-2013

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Huntsman, a Huntsman smurf account, nor do I currently have any intention of applying to become one.

That said, today it has come to my attention that the Huntsmen are placed at the end of the login queue just like any average member of the PBE. These are volunteers that Riot has officially recognized as valued bug testers, and people who spend a great deal of time making sure that our experience on both the PBE and Live is as bug free as possible.

It seems only fair to me that these people should have login priority and be placed at the front of the PBE queue, in order to make their ability to do their work as painless as possible. From my understanding there are only 9 of them, so it's not like giving them this priority is going to screw over the rest of the community.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll.

Candellumin

Huntsman

04-05-2013

Well, as awesome as this would be, it will probably never happen.

Anyone who isn't from Riot, working on the PBE as part of their actual job, has to face the login queues like everyone else. I'm pretty sure most Rioters don't bypass the queue, either. It's part of their policy to "share the pain" of their players.

Nixodrius

Huntsman

04-05-2013

TBH, we do not need them. Maybe that's just my opinion being able to help Riot and people here is more than enough for us. Also it really makes me and probably other Huntsmen happy that you appreciate our work, but we are no different than you guys We trying to do our best to make game itself better and raise its quality bar, because we care, just as you

TL;DR Thank you, but I do not think we need it

Wagons

Huntsman

04-05-2013

This has been brought up time and time again, while riot doesn't have an official view on it, we just assume they don't want us to be anything else than beacons for people to follow. We're not that much different than you guys.

Candellumin

Huntsman

04-05-2013

Quote:
Wagons:
I'm blue if I was green I would die.

Yeah, sure. Nice try for the edit, Wagons.

Also, sorry that we hijacked this thread. lol

Cheiron

Huntsman

04-05-2013

Quote:
Candellumin:
Also, sorry that we hijacked this thread. lol

THIS IS NOW HUNTSMEN THREAD.
All you inferior colours can get out!

As a Huntsman, I don't see why we should get or deserve queue priority. We're like normal players, just with a blue name and the adorable Teemo icon. Nothing's really special about us, we just volunteered. Plus, Rioters don't get to skip queue so why should we? I don't mind sitting in queue.

Brennivin

04-05-2013

Riot employees have to deal with the login queue too.

Snackbar

Recruiter

04-05-2013

Tyranny

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

04-05-2013

Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

Axxuka

04-05-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Just an fyi, most Rioters have to sit in the login queue, too. Only a very select few can queue jump for when emergencies happen and something needs to be checked ASAP.

I can understand that for Live Server but it's not very useful when you have to do work on the PBE and it's not an emergency (For both Rioters and Huntsman).