Non-P2P download for LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vekter

11-07-2010

So it would seem that P2P is blocked at my college. Is there any way to download LoL without using a P2P connection?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

Unfortunately not. There's a standalone client stickied at the top of the forums, but you'll need to redownload after every patch :-(

Vekter

11-07-2010

... To be perfectly honest, that's a bit shortsighted of Riot, isn't it? The standalone client is fine, but I don't want to be forced to uninstall the client every time a patch is released, not to mention not being assured that there will be a standalone for that patch...

Are there any plans of including a direct download, either through a file hosting service or your own servers?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

I have a copy of the client uploaded, however without it initially being installed it will be missing registry entries, and may not work. If you check here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=325943

You could try it, but no promises that it'll work. It's put up there for people with patcher issues to resolve issues, not intended for a "clean" install.

Edit: There's also the fact that the patcher uses Peer2Peer technology also, so each patch you'll have issues with =-/

AcidBurnZeroCool

12-07-2010

Please put up a link to the standalone client cuz I don't know where it is