Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Non-P2P download for LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vekter

11-07-2010

So it would seem that P2P is blocked at my college. Is there any way to download LoL without using a P2P connection?

Eambo

Recruiter

11-07-2010

Unfortunately not. There's a standalone client stickied at the top of the forums, but you'll need to redownload after every patch :-(

Vekter

11-07-2010

... To be perfectly honest, that's a bit shortsighted of Riot, isn't it? The standalone client is fine, but I don't want to be forced to uninstall the client every time a patch is released, not to mention not being assured that there will be a standalone for that patch...

Are there any plans of including a direct download, either through a file hosting service or your own servers?

Eambo

Recruiter

11-07-2010

I have a copy of the client uploaded, however without it initially being installed it will be missing registry entries, and may not work. If you check here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=325943

You could try it, but no promises that it'll work. It's put up there for people with patcher issues to resolve issues, not intended for a "clean" install.

Edit: There's also the fact that the patcher uses Peer2Peer technology also, so each patch you'll have issues with =-/

AcidBurnZeroCool

12-07-2010

Please put up a link to the standalone client cuz I don't know where it is