How do the ten provisional ranked matches work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedTunes

04-05-2013

I just joined ranked, so I didn't finish all 10 of mine yet. But I hear that these 10 matches determine your initial placement. So does that mean that if you do good, you get to start off at a higher tier (i.e. skip bronze and go to a higher tier)? Or does everyone start off in the bronze tier, but just in different divisions within the tier based on their provisional matches?

HavenKai

04-05-2013

Yes you can skip bronze tier and get put into silver and I think maybe low gold, however, I believe that it really depends on the average elo of the opposing teams you win against which determine how much you move up or down the ladder.
I got placed into silver I from my average highest elo and my current elo in preseason so I might be wrong in this.

FuriousLeftNut

04-05-2013

it depends on your opponent's ratings, as well as your own rating from season 2.

RedTunes

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
it depends on your opponent's ratings, as well as your own rating from season 2.
What if it's my first time playing ranked ever and I have no rating from previous seasons?

HotGlued

04-05-2013

If you have first pick try to get akali. If not, ban akali. Provisional matches in a nutshell.

Remuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

you get placed from bronze to gold depending on how well you do.

The Legend Of

04-05-2013

Assuming you have no games played in s2, if you go 10-0 in placement games you will either wind up in low gold, or silver1. It will most likely come down to the people you played against, and if you were a lower pick each game youll most likely have gotten more mmr/lp per game.

Gat Malice

05-19-2013

oops. wrong thread. I'm drunk

only diseased

08-22-2013

I was placed into silver 3. I think i won 7 out of 10?

Magnetic Carrot

08-24-2013

I also got placed into silver 3 after winning 7/10 provisional matches.