Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zac remake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pbM9000

04-05-2013

ok well ive heard people complain about zac and i personally have some problems with him. he just doesnt seem legitimately fun. hes gimmicky- you just launch yourself in and bounce around. though admittedly i dont own him and have not played him, he appears to have a low skill cap. in my mind, this does not make for lasting fun/re-playability.
i had these thoughts but i pushed them aside in my mind since it did not really concern me; id just go about playing my old champs. however, yesterday i received a pop-up survey asking if i was happy that zac was a part of LoL. this i took as riot potentially getting a lot of negative feedback or maybe they werent happy with him somehow. whatever the reason it triggered my brain to start working and i came up with some concepts that i believe make him a lot more fun by giving him some tricky things to execute, rewarding strong play and overall increasing his skill cap. i think the ideas are cool and they were made for zac but i guess the ideas could be implemented into another champ if that was riots desire.

disclaimer: i literally thought of this remake while in the shower last night and then with a little more thought while in bed before i crashed. i immediately saw the resemblances to some other abilities in league(trundles pillar and j4's EQ combo jump to mind) so i tweaked things a bit.
disclaimer2: again, this was hastily thought up. i dont have good numbers and any attempt at making real working values would probably not be balanced anyway. ill include rough damage values/cooldowns just for the sake of having them there but i do not have the time to theorycraft numbers to balance them as of now. this is more of a 'hey, look at these cool concepts' kind of deal.
disclaimer3: im bad at names and drawing. again, ill include rough names that can and should be changed. i will also include some drawings to help illustrate skills, but im sure they will be terrible. i wont go into full detail here since i believe that could potentially sidetrack things. ill include deeper ideas/concepts/mechanical and functional details at the end
disclaimer4: to make this easier and slightly more balanced i am copy/pasting some text/numbers from Zac's original abilities

Zac, the Secret Weapon

(Passive) The Living Blob: Zac has 10 'bloblets' in his body that he expels upon spellcast. Walking over a bloblet to retrieve it regains 80% of the life lost while expelling said bloblet. if he has zero bloblets he can still cast spells however no bloblets will be released and Zac will have not regain the life cost of the spell.

Upon reaching zero hitpoints Zac will burst into pieces. 1 piece per 2 bloblets(min. 2) will be released around Zac's mainbody and attempt to reform with it. Zac will revive with 15% of max hp per piece that makes it back to him. Each chunk has 15% of Zac's maximum health, and 50% of his armor and magic resistance. This effect cannot happen again for 300 seconds.

bloblets get recharged at 1 bloblet/4sec
** i believe this adds some risk/reward to his passive. if he charges into the enemy team using a lot of abilities he wont spawn as many pieces to reform himself and he is therefore easier to kill. on the flipside if he is being chased and has all 10 bloblets up then the enemy will have 5 pieces to have to kill.

(Q) Stretching Strike: Zac stretches his arms forward and damages all enemies hit in a straight line. If Zac connects with a 'goo pillar' he will grab onto it. Once he has grabbed onto a pillar he has two options.
>>he can press Q again to bounce himself forward and slam down on the other side of the pillar to damage and stun all enemies in the aoe where he lands. you are able to target the slam location within a cone behind the pillar.(range 500 units)http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/pbmftw/Zac-qq.jpg
>>if the player decides to click their mouse then the goo pillar will stretch in the opposite direction of the mouse click. the stretching goo pillar will grab ahold of the first champion it comes in contact with and drag it back to the pillar, rooting enemies in place for 1 second(allies can be grabbed but will not be rooted).(range 500 units)http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/pbmftw/Zac-qmouse.jpg

Q damage scales with AP
Qsecondary damage scales with AP and %maxhp
Cost 4% of current health
Cooldown 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds
Range: 550 units

(W) Goo Pillar: Zac throws a blob at a target location creating a pillar of goo. The pillar will last for 3 seconds. Deals aoe magic damage in a small radius around it. Enemies that come into contact with the pillar will be slowed by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds. can be cast twice before going on cooldown. slow can stack twice, resetting slow duration. max slow 30-70%. (i imagine a small delay between casts like ahris ult or perhaps a touch longer).

Scales with %maxhp
Cost 4% of current health
Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Range: 500 units

(E) Elastic Slingshot: Zac faces the cursor and begins charging. After charging or after reactivating the ability he launches himself towards the target location, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit and knocking them back for 0.5 seconds. If he lands on a pillar he will bounce further in the same direction for up to an additional 600 units. hitting an enemy unit after bouncing off of the pillar will increase damage dealt.

Scales with AP
Cost 5% of current health
Cooldown 24/21/18/15/12 seconds
Range: 700(or whatever is way shorter than the current leap he is using)

(R) Blobalanche: Zac turns into a giant rolling ball. He gets increased ms over the duration and the blob will pick-up enemy/ally minions along the way. Each minion absorbed will increase damage by 5%. When Zac collides with an enemy champion the ball will burst dealing damage and rooting enemies in a small aoe around the contact point for 1.5 seconds and leaving a pool of goo in a larger aoe(leona style smaller/bigger concentric aoes) around the contact point for 4 seconds that slows enemies who walk in it by 40%. Casting W onto the pool of goo will increase its duration by 1 second, slow by 10% and slightly increase aoe(a pillar will not get raised in the pool, rather the pool absorbs it to grow). All minions absorbed are also released randomly around the contact point upon explosion. (i know this is kind of like that walrus guys snowball but it just sounds fun to me ).

Scales off of %maxhp
Cost 10% of max health
Cooldown 140/120/100 seconds
Range: 2000(not sure but it would be nice if he could roll for quite some distance.)

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANK YOU

Son of the Stone

04-05-2013

Quote:
pbM9000:
though admittedly i dont own him and have not played him, he appears to have a low skill cap.

This is a problem if you are suggesting a rework.

Also, they just released him. Why would they rework him when the next champion is not even out yet?

Not gonna happen.

/thread

Hograhn

04-05-2013

Go look here please http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3296753&page=1 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3296753&page=1)

Hograhn

04-05-2013

It's related to your post!

pbM9000

04-05-2013

as i had said i didnt think much about zac because i agree they wouldnt change him since he was just released. i just thought he was another champ that was lukewarm from a playstyle standpoint. then when i saw the survey asking if people enjoyed his presence in LoL it made me think riot was considering change. i had never received one of these nor had i heard of one happening before but maybe i just am unaware of previous surveys. that just made my mind wander and i felt these abilities/changes would make him much much more fun to play. just giving my 2cents is all

auspiciousCzar

04-05-2013

I love Zac, but the Q is lacklustre imo.

Darklightning

04-05-2013

Wow look at this thread... explode... sorry I haven't played him but he looks fun.

Blainy

04-05-2013

I like the ult but otherwise his other abilities do NO damage.

pbM9000

04-05-2013

thx hacky sack for having the first real response. 3 of his 4 abilities do damage and i havent really added how much damage yet. although i do agree his aoe damage is terrible now and that will effect his jungling ability. im going to try to add some damage values to his other moves/add visuals and add a aoe portion to his w so his jungle would still be viable.

auspiciousCzar

04-05-2013

There's nothing wrong with his jungling, imo, and I'm not even using runes.

I play Zac exclusively as a Jungler, and my only issue is lack of sustainable damage for team fights or non-lowHP ganks. He has a chargeable blink, 2 CC abilities, and all abilities do AoE, one of which scales to MaxHP%.