Pick Order or Call Order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlwaysTwoAces

Senior Member

04-10-2013

Depends on what you define as logical. Pick order reinforces ego that comes with feeling superior to your teammates.

I find it logical to talk it through with teammates to see what roles they can play and like. Having a teammate get the role he wants and can play cannot possible hurt more than forcing him into a role he doesn't want to play and is not familiar with.

Your argument is questionable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

santaclawzer

Junior Member

04-27-2013

Its pick order, wether u like it or not
Troublesome last pick noob: "I ONLY RESPECT CALL ORDER SO TOP IS MINE"
1st pick: nope, i just took it and u cant do ****t, why cause i get the pick and u cant stop me. u try to go top? its to late. renekton can also jungle, but 3rd pick has that. if u troll reported.
The fact is if u go into ranked and expect to get ur lane ur an idiot. ranked is a different level of gameplay.yes comunication is GOOD and advisable but pick order still wins, not because its better but because its the only viable way.
in all honesty its an easy thing to fix. When u enter a ranked match u select ur lane and role e.g. i want bot-suport. u are then matched with a top laner, a jungler, a mid laner, and an adc. If people try to use a role they didnt choose, they are reported instantly, and banned for 1 week. this can be done through a report button in the champ select. yes a 1 week ban is unfair, but the person got the role they wanted are are obviusly trolling. everything would be fixed. if riot doesnt do this i beg that they put measures in to stop call order idiots, who play ranked. they ruin games because they dont understand the system. some measages or training detaling this before ranked games would be fantastic. BTW im not 1st pick, im mostly last pick or around the mid section, so i dont get my precius top lane often, but i respect pick order above all else, even if i dont get what i want

Another optoion is for there to be a kick button in games, so a player who is trolling (not just with pick oder, but with anything else) can be kicked, and suffer a time penalty, and the other players are put back into the queue, but dont suffer a time penalty to avoid a troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zurgos Warrior

Member

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
For most people its Pick order when they are at top, and call order when they are bot.
That is a FACT.

Another Fact:
Summoner's code dictates that Pick Order trumps everything.

Another Fact:
If you want to win games, you would work with your team to figure out a best possible solution to what roles everyone should play instead of just playing your best role and getting someone stuck with their worst.

Its true that Pick Order trumps call, but its not bad to respect call order. You wont get shunned for respecting a call order. If anything you might even help your team win because you were willing to work with the team and not be stubborn. You did your second best role so someone could do their best instead of their worst role.


WORK WITH YOUR TEAM! **** pick order AND call order.
C O M M U N I C A T E!
I thought it was otherwise, the last pick chooses first and the first one has to fill the other team roles. I always follow that rule, not weird why I support or jungle mostly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bolraguard

Senior Member

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
Actually, this isn't a fact. That's why the whole thing is such a problem. Riot hasn't given any concrete stance on this matter other than "don't be a jerk."
This ^^

So i go Call order, unless someoen goign to get totally shafted. - I dont mind doign my 2nd best if it takes dosomeoen from worst to best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bolraguard

Senior Member

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclawzer View Post
If people try to use a role they didnt choose, they are reported instantly, and banned for 1 week. this can be done through a report button in the champ select. yes a 1 week ban is unfair, but the person got the role they wanted are are obviusly trolling.

This part is questionable, - Some people play unconventional champs in roles, and do just fine. - I have done Jungler Dinger, and tho dinger sucks on team fights anyways, - I did really well at helping my lanes early to mid game.
And held off a few Champs from destorying my (NPC-Turret) solo, while team Revived, or was pushign somewhere else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oost Is Black

Member

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
The Summoner's Code says, "Work together", not "You can bully someone into taking a role just because you've already chosen".
I picked this out because you were one of the ones that had something to say against my post, but have no reason for what you said being true.

The idea is to not only be able to play 1 role. Learn to play a few roles, and you can't be "bullied". If you're worried about bullies, get the hell off the internet.

That's where the skill cap of this game initially came from, is learning multiple roles, actually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KynthiaKalevi

Member

04-27-2013

Pick order wins every time. Call order is more of a wish or suggestion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ower1707

Member

04-27-2013

i think that the pick order in ranked is random... because ive had games.. were a silver 1 is above me and i just hit gold 5 and sometimes a silver 3 is above me im questioning riots methods on this. i even duoed with a plat person and a gold 4 was above him...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkerio

Junior Member

05-08-2013

Pick order, its a touchy subject, especially in ranked.

I believe that Call > Pick. Why should the lower elo get the lanes they dont want (or are bad at), while the higher elo get lanes they are already good at. you are just making a bad lane even worse. pick order could also lead to conflict between teammates rather than the enemies. first picks usually goes for top or mid, but they almost always get countered.

For example,(i am first pick), someone calls mid, then moments later someone else calls for mid (that is a higher pick), he enforces "pick order", they get into a argument then i will usually jump in and i will take mid from the "pick order enforcer" it gives them a taste of their own medicine. they will now know what they have been dishing out to the other teammates that were less fortunate enough to be lower pick.

Befor you steal someones lane, think of what you have just created between you and that person, friendship or a troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oost Is Black View Post
I picked this out because you were one of the ones that had something to say against my post, but have no reason for what you said being true.

The idea is to not only be able to play 1 role. Learn to play a few roles, and you can't be "bullied". If you're worried about bullies, get the hell off the internet.

That's where the skill cap of this game initially came from, is learning multiple roles, actually.
I picked this out because you're denser than lead!

The idea is that even if you know how to play 40 bajillion roles (yep, 40 bajillion), it still doesn't give anyone the right to make you play one or the other just because they've already chosen.